How many pints can you drink before driving ?

The problem is that pubs lack an interesting range of non alcoholic drinks coke or lemonade at £3 a pint just gets boring

Why? What's wrong with having one pint?

I know people say that the limit equates to around 2 pints for men, that's for beer at 3.5% ABV which is what it commonly was when drink driving limits were introduced, but beer is more commonly 5% ABV now, often more with IPA type craft beers.

So I stick to a limit of one pint.

Noone is saying the YOU shouldn't have a pint, just saying that some of us don't want to. As long as you are fit to drive and below the legal limit then there should be no further judgement unless you choose to put one upon yourself.

---------- Post added 23-02-2016 at 16:55 ----------

The problem is that pubs lack an interesting range of non alcoholic drinks coke or lemonade at £3 a pint just gets boring

Until recently I'd have said the same, but now most pubs I go into (tend to be real ale types ones) almost always have a couple of 'nice' non-alco beers to choose from, and if I go out with mates from work and end up slumming it in Vodka Rev, they've started to do alcohol free cocktails that are frankly amazing and I never thought I'd say that.

What happened to Halibut's common sense post :confused:

Was it thrown back into the sea ? ;)

Just don't do it. Even two pints like Ron will mean you're significantly more likely to kill someone. Or yourself.

It's right where it always was - see above. Do you need glasses perhaps?

How many pints of beer can you drink before driving ? My neighbour asked me but I didn't know as I don't drink and drive.

I could drink eight pints and still drive on the road quite legally.

Do you need glasses perhaps?

If they are filled with a good single malt then I would bite you're hand off.

I could drink eight pints and still drive on the road quite legally.

Yeah. Eight pints of water.

It's right where it always was - see above. Do you need glasses perhaps?

:huh: Perhaps I was wearing rose tinted glasses this morning ? :)

How many pints of beer can you drink before driving ? My neighbour asked me but I didn't know as I don't drink and drive.

Easy answer, none.

Angel1.

It doesn't matter, I'm still terrible at golf.

Easy answer, none.

Angel1.

Easy, but wrong. If they actually want to know when they'll be over the drink drive limit.

I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving. Two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several beers. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home. Sure enough on the way home I saw a police car but since it was a taxi they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it!

Hahahahahaha