How do we find information about a substation in my garden

Hi, we are about to buy a house with a substation in the back garden but cant seem to find any information about it? Does anyone know where we would find out who we need to contact or where to look for info about that particular sub station?

I would have thought info like this would be available on the fence of the substation, in the house buyers pack and in the searches done through the solicitors.

The power company will need access to the substation and I think this is called a wayleave.

A quick 'google' found this.

http://www2.nationalgrid.com/UK/Services/Land-and-Development/Land-owner-and-occupier-contact-information/

There was one on some land I own. When I enquired about having it

moved they said it would cost at least £10,000.

I did some more research and asked for any local improvement

plans, it turned out it was due to be relocated. Within two years it was

moved up the road to council land and reduced to a third of it's size.

Hi, we are about to buy a house with a substation in the back garden but cant seem to find any information about it? Does anyone know where we would find out who we need to contact or where to look for info about that particular sub station?

Surely your solicitor has by now received contract documentation which explains fully the status of the substation.

Sort of substation-related but has anyone else noticed the substations that are part of big buildings in the city centre? For example, when you go down King Street (behind Primark) there is a substation-type door marked 'C & A Modes'. Those of us on here who are old enough to remember that C&A were there long before Primark!