The Graham Norton Show

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

Men with beards may believe hiding their double chins and wrinkly necks makes them look younger,  and possibly a moustache hides nose hair. 

Yes, that's one reason for making them compulsory 🤣

45 minutes ago, cressida said:

Men with beards may believe hiding their double chins and wrinkly necks makes them look younger,  and possibly a moustache hides nose hair. 

Loss of weight can lose double chins,  and tweesers can pluck the nose hairs  as for wrinkley necks,  avoid Turkey Farms.  :hihi:

I don’t think you could beat Parkinson for interviewing people. He had proper celebrities on, and when they came down those steps with the music playing, you really wanted to know what they were going to say.

5 hours ago, cressida said:

Quite the opposite actually. I grew my beard to stop people commenting on how young I looked without it. In my 30s I made the mistake of giving in to curiousity and shaving it off to see what I looked like without it (it'd been a while) and one day of being called Baby Face by every female colleague made sure that I'll never shave it off ever again.

G.N is leaving his Saturday radio two show  ,praise the lord, he does answer prayers after all.

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

I don’t think you could beat Parkinson for interviewing people. He had proper celebrities on, and when they came down those steps with the music playing, you really wanted to know what they were going to say.

A few other things about the Parkinson shows, especially those he did for the BBC.  As you say, he had, not only proper 'A' listers on but also the top sportsmen & women of the day & also politicians.  The term, 'celebrity' didn't seem to exist back then & nowadays it simply means, in many cases, those of limited talent & only famous for being famous. 

Many of those invited on didn't even have a film, TV series or book to plug, if you see any of those old interviews. 

He would also have an eclectic mix of guests that probably would never meet up in real life, so it often made for great conversation. 

Another thing he did was he'd ask a question, then sit there QUIETLY, allowing the guests to answer. 

Edited by Baron99

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A few other things about the Parkinson shows, especially those he did for the BBC.  As you say, he had, not only proper 'A' listers on but also the top sportsmen & women of the day & also politicians.  The term, 'celebrity' didn't seem to exist back then & nowadays it simply means, in many cases, those of limited talent & only famous for being famous. 

Many of those invited on didn't even have a film, TV series or book to plug, if you see any of those old interviews. 

He would also have an eclectic mix of guests that probably would never meet up in real life, so it often made for great conversation. 

Another thing he did was he'd ask a question, then sit there QUIETLY, allowing the guests to answer. 

Good post, totally agree with every word.

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Absolutely agree with you, especially about asking the guest  a question, then sitting there quietly allowing the guest to answer.