Should everyone have to wear an identification number?

Would you wear a government ID number  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear a government ID number

• Yes
    • No

Why would you assume that? Are you a bit dense?
Because your NI number is unique to you and, whilst it is not currently used to ID you (in the sense of an ID card), in plain systemic terms, it is perfectly suitable for the job, the same as a DVLA registration number can -and is- used to ID a vehicle. And has long been used for the job of matching your tax contributions in HMRC databases and others.

Nice to see you demonstrate your usual levels of civility on here. Or do you suffer from some sort of mental condition?

Either way, I'll bear your lack of basic manners (or condition) in mind, next time I ask you a question :|

Edited by L00b

Forgive me if this has already been asked but... what problem(s) do people think would be solved by wearing ID numbers?

I would prefer a implanted chip with everything from passport, driving licence credits cards all loaded on it so that I have everything I could need without the hassle of carrying it.

Well dont worry, im sure the EU will eventually grant your wish.

Forgive me if this has already been asked but... what problem(s) do people think would be solved by wearing ID numbers?

For one thing we'd be able to prove that Smithy had a new username. :hihi:

Hey Smithy, if you're still there, for your next user name my favourite is Stax, or maybe you could spell it as Stacks. Just this once, when you disappear and reincarnate would it be possible to pick that name?

If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be allowed to cross roads or use a computer without supervision..

Why are you so mean to everyone? Is it little man syndrome? Looking through the first page of your post history you can see that you just make nasty comments about everyone. You are wildly unpopular on here and probably in real life too. I am surprised that the mods haven't banned your account.

However, humour me. I am obviously dense and would like you to explain how this is a fascist idea. The fact that it has been used by fascists before does not make it a fascist idea, just so you know.

Why are you so mean to everyone? Is it little man syndrome? Looking through the first page of your post history you can see that you just make nasty comments about everyone. You are wildly unpopular on here and probably in real life too. I am surprised that the mods haven't banned your account.

However, humour me. I am obviously dense and would like you to explain how this is a fascist idea. The fact that it has been used by fascists before does not make it a fascist idea, just so you know.

I quite like fishys rudeness and very very dry wit. I think SF wouldn't be the same without him. I've had a few run ins with him.It's all part of the fun on the forum.

I quite like fishys rudeness and very very dry wit. I think SF wouldn't be the same without him. I've had a few run ins with him.It's all part of the fun on the forum.

Yes may be, but you are quite a tough man who can stand up for himself and probably isn't intimidated by an internet bully. Not everyone is like you.

Yes may be, but you are quite a tough man who can stand up for himself and probably isn't intimidated by an internet bully. Not everyone is like you.

I wouldn't go as far as saying i'm a tough man. I can look after myself and stand up to bullys both off and on-line. Just the way i were brought up.

The forum needs a good variation of charactors it's what makes it all interesting.

As you say, a lot of people don't like confrontation on here, (hence the reason why there's hundreds on-line, who don't participate in topics). I've been sent on a 'naughty step holiday' several times, due standing up for myself and others on here regarding the grammar police bullys.

Anyhow, back on topic....I wouldn't have a problem with carrying an ID card, or random checks. It would bag quite a few illegals,criminals etc.

I am obviously dense and would like you to explain how this is a fascist idea. The fact that it has been used by fascists before does not make it a fascist idea, just so you know.

One of the traits of fascism is authoritarian government where the people are accountable to the ruling regime instead of the ruling regime being accountable to the people. I don't agree with Halibut on much but on this I do... any government forcing people to 'wear' an ID number would be behaving in a fascist way.

I am still curious... what problem(s) do people think the wearing of ID numbers would solve?

One of the traits of fascism is authoritarian government where the people are accountable to the ruling regime instead of the ruling regime being accountable to the people. I don't agree with Halibut on much but on this I do... any government forcing people to 'wear' an ID number would be behaving in a fascist way.

I am still curious... what problem(s) do people think the wearing of ID numbers would solve?

I think that this thread is a follow on thread from another one, where it was suggested that cyclists should be forced to wear a visible ID number.

I think that this thread is a follow on thread from another one, where it was suggested that cyclists should be forced to wear a visible ID number.

I didn't bother reading that thread as that topic has been done to death dozens of times. Same arguments I guess and the same problem... it is a 'solution' that will result in a negative return on investment.