Should everyone have to wear an identification number?

Would you wear a government ID number  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear a government ID number

• Yes
    • No

No and it'd be a massive breach of civil liberties. I'd rather spend time in jail than be identified by a number thanks.

What is this? Fascist stupid ideas week or something?

Another pleasant comment. Why do you think this is a fascist idea?

Why do you think this is a fascist idea?

Something to do with this maybe.

Or this...

Edited by Andbreathe

Why do you think this is a fascist idea?

If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be allowed to cross roads or use a computer without supervision..

Can't someone tell who another person is by looking at their face, or is it just a talent peculiar to my goodself? Old school, but it works fairly well for me.

Or maybe it'll come to this?:

'Oooh! … who's the man starring in this film we're watching? Tattoo number 6879LX0'. :huh:

'Hang on, I'll look it up … ooh yeah, Johnny Depp!'

Face recognition tech would be much better than any of the other suggestions on here (apart from mine).

Tattooed on us by law maybe.......hmmmm what does that remind me of? No....no.....no

If you cannot remain civil this thread will be closed.

Wear an ID number? Not a chance, too much like the Nazi's did too the Jews. I felt sick when I first read this.

Wear an ID number? Not a chance, too much like the Nazi's did too the Jews. I felt sick when I first read this.

Yeah, some people just don't get it do they?

The idea of everyone in society wearing an identification number can't be compared to Nazi Germany's treatment of Jews. If you want to ban everything the Naiz's did we could start with our welfare system, after all they had one of the largest welfare systems in History 12 years before the British welfare system.

A qr code tattoed discreetly below the left ear would do the trick.

I can't see why anyone should object. After all, if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

The idea of everyone in society wearing an identification number can't be compared to Nazi Germany's treatment of Jews. If you want to ban everything the Naiz's did we could start with our welfare system, after all they had one of the largest welfare systems in History 12 years before the British welfare system.

It quite obviously can.

The idea of everyone in society wearing an identification number can't be compared to Nazi Germany

Name a country that has?