Should everyone have to wear an identification number?

Would you wear a government ID number  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear a government ID number

• Yes
    • No

Carrying something would surely be as inconvenient as wearing something. A badge with a number on it would be easer to carry/wear than an ID card.

Last post. I want to go swimming where do I stick it? It's hot and I just want to walk about about I a teeny tiny pair of shorts? I want to play cricket? I wan to dress up as storm trooper? I want to lend a friend a coat? I wan to borrow a coat? I've stuck it on something and it gets nicked? I just want to pop to the corner shop in Jim-jams? I want to get married - that would look lovely on my wedding pics.

Can't you see how stupid you look?

Your idea of many is obviously different to my idea of many, it doesn't surprise me that an hand full of loonies on an internet forum would make such a stupid link, normal people in the real world wouldn't see a link between the population carrying or wearing an ID card/number and the Nazi policy of tattooing prisoners. Our police officer wearing an ID number, do you think about Nazis when you see one?

Usually.... Yes.

Your idea of many is obviously different to my idea of many, it doesn't surprise me that an hand full of loonies on an internet forum would make such a stupid link, normal people in the real world wouldn't see a link between the population carrying or wearing an ID card/number and the Nazi policy of tattooing prisoners. Our police officer wearing an ID number, do you think about Nazis when you see one?

If that's what you think, why are you engaging with loonies then?

I will just say that if a Government tried to introduce such a system, you couldn't change your number / identity with apparent ease like some change their usernames on here.

You might think people are loonies on here; but I've not fallen for your change in username - nor have others either

Yes, and if you wore a badge, you'd be less likely to lose it??? Perhaps we could have coloured badges for different sorts of people....Come on, give it up. It's a horrible idea. No one would put up with it, and nor should they.

It is an undesirable idea from my point of view but whole populations do put up with carrying ID cards and it doesn't compare to Nazi tattooing of prisoners. If I was given the choice of a card to carry, a number to wear or an implanted chip, I would choose the chip.

It is an undesirable idea from my point of view but whole populations do put up with carrying ID cards and it doesn't compare to Nazi tattooing of prisoners. If I was given the choice of a card to carry, a number to wear or an implanted chip, I would choose the chip.

And that's something we agree on - you should be chipped.

Last post. I want to go swimming where do I stick it? It's hot and I just want to walk about about I a teeny tiny pair of shorts? I want to play cricket? I wan to dress up as storm trooper? I want to lend a friend a coat? I wan to borrow a coat? I've stuck it on something and it gets nicked? I just want to pop to the corner shop in Jim-jams? I want to get married - that would look lovely on my wedding pics.

Can't you see how stupid you look?

Are you talking about the ID card or the number that could be worn around your wrist?

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:50 ----------

Usually.... Yes.

:D I hope you are being a little sarcastic.

Probably not. If they were responsible for injuring/killing someone or causing an accident, it would be easier to find them though.

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:35 ----------

... Yet we do it with motorists

Nope, we do it with motor vehicles.

And that's something we agree on - you should be chipped.

A chip would solve the dilemma of what to do with an ID card whilst swimming.

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:56 ----------

If that's what you think, why are you engaging with loonies then?

I will just say that if a Government tried to introduce such a system, you couldn't change your number / identity with apparent ease like some change their usernames on here.

You might think people are loonies on here; but I've not fallen for your change in username - nor have others either

Because it would be rude not to.

Nope, we do it with motor vehicles.

I know, in the other thread (which this thread is a dig at) the assumption was made that a numbered bib or tabbard would have to be identifying the cyclist rather than the cycle. I was having a poke back at that :)

This deserves a 'like' button.

A chip would solve the dilemma of what to do with an ID card whilst swimming.

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:56 ----------

Because it would be rude not to.

I've been thinking of some new usernames for you, what about - haystack, cascade or sneaky?

Yeah, some people just don't get it do they?

This is very often the case. :)