GBP slipping rapidly

Nope, you wrong I'm afraid, we haven't had the ability to feed the UK long before the EU was a glint in the Europhiles eye.

Don't you remember the service and prices under nationalisation? There are lots of faults with todays society but the answer to them is not re-nationalisation.

So are you posting here on your British made computer, whilst watching your British made TV and wearing your British made clothes? If not you're part of the problem that your hitting out against.

Probably why the US and TTIP want to kill us off with GM foodstuff:

http://waronwant.org/ttip

all negotiated behind closed doors without elected representatives.

Well guess a clue or two could be here? What do you think?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVFQPob7S3g

Edited by swarfendor43

The land is already there so there is enough space and some extra land could also be re-designated for agricultural use. You will notice large swathes of land that is bright yellow in the summer as its used to grow rapeseed not food. The EU also pay plenty to farmers to keep land barren and that land could also be used.

So we do have the land but not the will as the EU wish to control production of food to keep prices stable.

No, we do NOT have enough space to grow all the food we need even if we knocked down all the houses and everyone went and lived in caves. Honestly, at least do some basic research before posting drivel.

You need at least 1 acre per person if they have a vegetarian diet. The UK is just over 60 million acres in total, including lakes, rivers, beaches and other areas where you couldn't grow anything in reality. Our current population is 65 million so we are 5 million acres short. And of course if we are using ALL the land to grow food we'd have no factories to make the tools needed for the farmers to use, so they'd have to use their bare hands and work naked as we'd have no means to make clothes either.

So your next argument is?

---------- Post added 25-02-2016 at 09:45 ----------

Self sufficiency does not necessarily mean we don't import food as we have never been truly self sufficient for several hundred years. What it means is that we can trade and import other foods not grown in the UK. Those foods would be more expensive than now but so it should be. We could also stop 1000's of tons of food being wasted because it does not fit in with the supermarkets standards.

It seems like wonky veg is also making a comeback.

Ah changing goal posts once proven wrong, a standard SF tactic. However, I do agree with your point that we import a considerable amount of food that COULD be grown in the UK which would better support our farmers and economy long term. No argument from me on that one, but that doesn't equal self-sufficiency, which we will never be unless we have a massive population fall.

Just heard George Osbourne himself explain that the pound was sliding due to the EU referendum. That is a pretty legit source me thinks.

Nope, you wrong I'm afraid, we haven't had the ability to feed the UK long before the EU was a glint in the Europhiles eye.

Don't you remember the service and prices under nationalisation? There are lots of faults with todays society but the answer to them is not re-nationalisation.

So are you posting here on your British made computer, whilst watching your British made TV and wearing your British made clothes? If not you're part of the problem that your hitting out against.

If british companies made them i would buy them.That is my argument,i want to buy british and i always do if it is possible.

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 19:03 ----------

I paid fifty pounds for a small portable radio recently made by Roberts.I could have got a cheap foreign one but i believe in buying British if i can and the quality blinds the cheap chinese ones.

If british companies made them i would buy them.That is my argument,i want to buy british and i always do if it is possible.

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 19:03 ----------

I paid fifty pounds for a small portable radio recently made by Roberts.I could have got a cheap foreign one but i believe in buying British if i can and the quality blinds the cheap chinese ones.

"Roberts Radio is a subsidiary of the privately owned Glen Dimplex Group, which operates from the Republic of Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group has over 40 companies worldwide, employing over 10,000 staff and an annual turnover of €2 billion" - See more at: http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/About_us/index.htm#sthash.CgsCzLqZ.dpuf