Quadruple amputee told to prove he still needs PIP

Common sense is not required nor is it admissible as defence when used either in favour of someone or otherwise.

If its on the paperwork it has to be completed,imagine what the uproar would be if he didn't attempt to prove it,especially as he would in the wrong in that instance.

I agree they need to prove things, however they knew that he was disabled as they had been paying DLA since he was 7 years old. Now if they are saying they didn't know for sure then it is incompetence as they have paid DLA for 9 years without checking.

You have to realise that our Masters in Westminster must be able to ride on the gravy train for as long as possible, after all they cannot afford a sink plug or clean out their moats or put a new roof on their own property, on their miserable low wages. So they claim on expenses, all paid for by us the general public. To enable this gravy train to stay on the tracks, cut backs have to be made, so someone with no legs has to give a contribution, as we all do, the Government say so. So benefits are reduced or stopped, it's only fair you see.

Now in the real world our friend with no legs would receive his benefit without any problem or having to resort to begging for them. And our Masters on the train would have to pay their own dues and demands, not steal them as they still do. But THEY have the power, we do not and as such I can't see it changing much in the near future. I despise the whole sorry bunch of them.

Angel1.

They filled in a form and was asked to come to a face to face meeting presumably to back up their claim.

If 'Dave From The Pub Always On The Fiddle' filled in a form and said he had a bad back and the DWP didn't ask for any proof, you'd all be up in arms if he was told he could claim benefits.

As annoying as it must be for those people who are genuine, the onus should be on the claimant to show they need help not the DWP to spend more time and money and prove it on the claimant's behalf. Would you want the DWP to be reading through all your medical records?

They filled in a form and was asked to come to a face to face meeting presumably to back up their claim.

If 'Dave From The Pub Always On The Fiddle' filled in a form and said he had a bad back and the DWP didn't ask for any proof, you'd all be up in arms if he was told he could claim benefits.

As annoying as it must be for those people who are genuine, the onus should be on the claimant to show they need help not the DWP to spend more time and money and prove it on the claimant's behalf. Would you want the DWP to be reading through all your medical records?

Yeah. Complete non-story.

The cases of DWP incompetence, lying, malpractice and sheer spite are huge; the consequences are the gravest you can imagine from hardship to death.

And yet very little on the BBC, ITV news. Panorama, Dispatches used to relish investigating and exposing the venality, hypocrisy and ineptness of Govt departments. Not anymore.

I thought I'd start a thread so that Forummers can log their, or other's stories of the woeful cases showing that the DWP is a joke.

A teenage quadruple amputee told to prove he is disabled to keep benefits:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/teenage-quadruple-amputee-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-to-keep-benefits/ar-BBpDGZL?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I just hope that Capita have got their eyes peeled in case the young man concerned has his limbs hidden.

Here you go -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZM2Z9tWQAEg9pS.jpg

The cases of DWP incompetence, lying, malpractice and sheer spite are huge; the consequences are the gravest you can imagine from hardship to death.

And yet very little on the BBC, ITV news. Panorama, Dispatches used to relish investigating and exposing the venality, hypocrisy and ineptness of Govt departments. Not anymore.

I thought I'd start a thread so that Forummers can log their, or other's stories of the woeful cases showing that the DWP is a joke.

A teenage quadruple amputee told to prove he is disabled to keep benefits:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/teenage-quadruple-amputee-told-to-prove-he-is-disabled-to-keep-benefits/ar-BBpDGZL?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I just hope that Capita have got their eyes peeled in case the young man concerned has his limbs hidden.

Here's the list of UK Welfare Reform Deaths- claimants incapable of work who were found to be 'capable of work' during assessments, and, who died shortly thereafter, in most cases by suicide.

Vulnerable, ill, disabled- all they had was their home, and, realising that, without beneifts, they would lose it, they chose to leave this world.

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2014/10/21/uk-welfare-reform-deaths-updated-list-october-21st-2014/

So long as they don't reassess in another 2 or 5 years and ask for proof again. If you get asked every few years if your arms and legs have reappeared then you're going to start to think someone is taking the pee.

Yes quite. Duncan Smith is obviously aware that people on benefits have money to burn (unlike himself who's practically living on skid row), and thinks the benefits 'helpline' should be charged at premium rate.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 16:06 ----------

Here's the list of UK Welfare Reform Deaths- claimants incapable of work who were found to be 'capable of work' during assessments, and, who died shortly thereafter, in most cases by suicide.

Vulnerable, ill, disabled- all they had was their home, and, realising that, without beneifts, they would lose it, they chose to leave this world.

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2014/10/21/uk-welfare-reform-deaths-updated-list-october-21st-2014/

Ah yes, I tried posting something similar on a different thread about people who committed suicide or starved to death on benefits, but some on here pointed out that the grieving families were at fault for not realising and intervening.

Ah yes, I tried posting something similar on a different thread about people who committed suicide or starved to death on benefits, but some on here pointed out that the grieving families were at fault for not realising and intervening.

Did they? In fact that doesn't surprise me on here at all. :( The DWP don't have a great history of late.

It's Atos that have really been the problem from what I've read.

But that doesn't automatically make it ridiculous when they check someone's claim... It's not that difficult for the case in question to provide the proof is it...

You have to realise that our Masters in Westminster must be able to ride on the gravy train for as long as possible, after all they cannot afford a sink plug or clean out their moats or put a new roof on their own property, on their miserable low wages. So they claim on expenses, all paid for by us the general public. To enable this gravy train to stay on the tracks, cut backs have to be made, so someone with no legs has to give a contribution, as we all do, the Government say so. So benefits are reduced or stopped, it's only fair you see.

Now in the real world our friend with no legs would receive his benefit without any problem or having to resort to begging for them. And our Masters on the train would have to pay their own dues and demands, not steal them as they still do. But THEY have the power, we do not and as such I can't see it changing much in the near future. I despise the whole sorry bunch of them.

Angel1.

Cutbacks are necessary for one reason only, the Labour party spent all our money. The Tories are slowly getting it back, too slow for me to be honest but progress is progress.

I would argue that the people who have the broadest shoulders should carry the burden, not the most vulnerable in society in receipt of social security benefits.

For example outsourcing of Government functions, like social security, have resulted in the soaring of costs to the taxpayer, and poorer satisfaction of the taxpayer.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/may/27/outsourcing-increase-costs-public-services

A large portion of this taxpayer money goes on consultants, chief executives and the like who command high wages for their labour. Yet this never seems to be questioned - it's always the welfare recipient who have to cut back.

Edited by Mister M