Looking for work experience

Thank you fox - I have thought of that as a few websites have mentioned that you have to apply through the school. It would appear that the school want you to take anything on offer where as she was looking for something more specific but that might have to be looked at again. Appreciate the suggestion though :)

Thanks Chelle - we have done just that and she now has an appointment tomorrow for just that.

They are just preparing her for when she's dealing with the Job Center, trying to push her into every and any job available (suitable or not) - and making her do all the leg work with zero help....

It's what schools should do, prepare them for the real world... :)

But seriously, Have you tried in the markets in town? there's lots of stalls you can cover in 30 mins, and it's easy to get to if any of them can help her...

There's also places like Meadowhall, I think if you contact their customer service, they have a list of places that are happy to take on work experience applicants etc... (if they still do it)

Please feel free to pass on our details to any classmates who may want a placement.

I have taken people on work experience in the past but now I don't because even when they are fully supervised my insurance goes up dramatically.

Please feel free to pass on our details to any classmates who may want a placement.

Thank you I will certainly do that ?

Hi Victoria-CCC I hope you don't mind if I also use the e-mail address for my son

Hi

My 14yo (will be 15yo in April) daughter is looking for a year 10 work experience placement during the 2 weeks of Monday 4th July 2016 to Friday15th July 2016 and I am suprised how difficult this is proving.

So many places don't seem to do it anymore and out of the ones that do, she has not received a single response to calls or letters.

So, does anyone have any opportunities, preferably in retail. She is looking for a career in fashion or beauty but would love some experience in customer service to prepare her for this.

She can travel anywhere in Sheffield but the South East of the city is preferred.

Please let me know if you have any openeings or any suggestions where there might be an opportunity.

hi don't know if this helps but my granddaughter had a placement with Fairmont nursery near crystal peaks after looking at numerous places ,but they took her on you could try there good luck

Now sorted after suggestions on here and much trying. Thanks everyone :)

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 07:04 ----------

Passed on already to another female student also struggling to find anything, thank you :)

My daughter did her work experience at The Cat Shelter in Broomhall. She was only 14.