Resurfacing questions..

I could just tell the Star I suppose, they might even take a photo of me looking sad.

Yeah, good luck with that

As much use as a chocolate teapot! :mad:

Reported potholes last week got through in about 5 minutes and

job was done the last time I went past. Which is why I posted

the contact number. Won't bother again though.

Edited by bazjea

Reported potholes last week got through in about 5 minutes and

job was done the last time I went past.

Impressive

Not my experience

I could just tell the Star I suppose, they might even take a photo of me looking sad.

Do it! Do it! I just love those photos. I dont think we see enough of them.

Sad people pointing at pot holes?

Why have I missed this :D

not according to here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_finance_initiative ill not wait for my apology:roll:

why not?

PFI was started by the conservatives but the suceeding labour governments overdosed on the concept to finance a massive renewal of schools and hospitals without creating a lot of visible public sector debt.

here's an example,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3488566/Parklands-90m-zombie-school-NO-pupils-financial-scandal-blight-children-s-lives.html

dont let the stupidity of maintaining an empty school which could be put to good use deflect you from the even greater stupidity associated with the pfi schemes and the associated costs and maintenance charges.

the even greater stupidity associated with the pfi schemes and the associated costs and maintenance charges

Don't even get me started mate! :mad:

I agree.

They probably read this forum though to look for stories. I doubt even Cyclone's sarcastic attempt with his sad face would work. They probably see through it :hihi:

-

Onto another thing, I drove on Crookes today and thought that the grinded road with raised ironworks is better than it was before, so I'm going to suggest that all bad roads are grinded up to improve them until fix date :hihi:

(raised ironed works are easier to spot and avoid than potholes) ;)

Crookes Rd being resurfaced after 7pm

Interesting to see the big machinery being used

The cobbles they are covering up must be worth a fair bit - all hand quarried?:o

Crookes Rd being resurfaced after 7pm

Interesting to see the big machinery being used

The cobbles they are covering up must be worth a fair bit - all hand quarried?:o

oooh they'd look good in my garden :D

I worked in Telford for my sins for 8 years and hardly ever saw a pothole!!

The road where I live was littered with potholes until I e mailed the council complaining. It was resurfaced within 6 months and this was only about 2-3 years ago.

Went down Halifax road mid morning today and there was a long tail back of traffic. When I got to the bottom at the Claywheels junction lane there was a lane coned off. Low and behold they were resurfacing the pavement opposite the Wednesday ground. How many people use the path on that side of thee road?

I worked in Telford for my sins for 8 years and hardly ever saw a pothole!!

The road where I live was littered with potholes until I e mailed the council complaining. It was resurfaced within 6 months and this was only about 2-3 years ago.

Went down Halifax road mid morning today and there was a long tail back of traffic. When I got to the bottom at the Claywheels junction lane there was a lane coned off. Low and behold they were resurfacing the pavement opposite the Wednesday ground. How many people use the path on that side of thee road?

Yes, this coning off was very annoying!!

It meant you couldn't get past the right turners for Leppings Lane.