Resurfacing questions..

The new tarmac has been down for one week and a pothole has appeared in it at the junction of Heavygate Road already. Is this a sign of things to come ?:mad:

It's nothing I wouldn't expect of SCC's approach of 'many cheap expenses is clearly better than one large expense'

They may as well have resurfaced every road back to cobbled streets and saved nature the trouble

Job re-creation, that's what it is. Do the job right first time..... but what can we do next?

Make a hash of it...... Job for next week, and subsequent hash-ups to re-do and re-do again.

Derbyshire County Council are equally as bad for not being able to the job right first time.

I hadn't driven up Crookes Rd since the resurfacing had started, but having driven up it on Good Friday my impression was that this was a very poor quality job. It looks like it was was quickly, cheaply & shoddily undertaken by Amey & their contractors.

It looks cheap, it looks uneven in numerous places, it looks like they simply dug around the raised speed bumps & laid the Tarmac up to & over the edge, likewise with the kerbs, a lot have been damaged by the machine which rips up the old Tarmac etc.

Very poor quality & I won't be surprised if it will need refuser ain't a lot sooner than they expect.

In my youth the usual method of re laying roads,which seemed to be done on a regular basis around Walkley ,was to lay tar and then grit it.

Is this no longer done as an economy measure or is the Tarmac only supposed to be as durable.

I live in Crookes, and the road repairs, caused a lot of mess, especialy, on my new flooring, I walked in and tar must have been under my shoes.

It left a real mess on my floor, that was hard to remove.

At the end of Northfield Close, a lot of loose stones, has been left, on the pavement on the left hand side, I hope no one elderly slips and falls, on them.

Causing a potentially serious accident such as a hip fracture.:roll:

I think its only a matter of time before we are back to being a pot hole city.

Roads that have been resurfaced are already having to be patched up. Large areas of Carterknowle Road have had to filled in where the road has subsided and pot holes have appeared, The bottom end of Bannerdale Road and Knowle Lane are the same.

They put a new lamp post up outside our house its leaning to one side.

they resurfaced whitley lane at grenoside in December and less than two weeks later two potholes had appeared at the bottom of the lane, they have only just filled them in within the last two weeks, where are the independent inspectors ? ive got a feeling this lot is going to cost us big time very shortly and no one will be answerable for it as usual.

they resurfaced whitley lane at grenoside in December and less than two weeks later two potholes had appeared at the bottom of the lane, they have only just filled them in within the last two weeks, where are the independent inspectors ? ive got a feeling this lot is going to cost us big time very shortly and no one will be answerable for it as usual.

How will it cost us big time very shortly. Amey are responsible for 25 years

so they will be answerable.

How will it cost us big time very shortly. Amey are responsible for 25 years

so they will be answerable.

oh right, so they've put a price in to do the job and are guaranteeing the work for the next 25 years ? what if they go bust ?

oh right, so they've put a price in to do the job and are guaranteeing the work for the next 25 years ? what if they go bust ?

As the council obtained a grant of £!.2 Billion pounds towards the contractI don't

think even Amey will have spent that in about 4 years into the 25.years.

Check the company out, "Amey plc, previously known as Amey Ltd and Amey Roadstone Construction, United Kingdom based infrastructure support service provider. It was once listed on the London Stock Exchange but since 2003 it has been a subsidiary of Spanish company Grupo Ferrovial, S.A.. Its head office is in the Sherard Building in Oxford."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amey_plc

Or

http://www.amey.co.uk