Renting property references

We would have no hesitation renting to him.

The fact that he has paid a mortgage and completed on a house sale shown his reliability.

We'd simply request proof of ownership of said property, alongside employer reference etc.

I hope he finds a resolution.

We would have no hesitation renting to him.

The fact that he has paid a mortgage and completed on a house sale shown his reliability.

We'd simply request proof of ownership of said property, alongside employer reference etc.

I hope he finds a resolution.

Me too, I want my spare room back

Why can't you be a referee? If he's 'renting' a room off you now. I agree it is a ludicrous situation, but just trying to think of a way around their daft rules

Why can't you be a referee? If he's 'renting' a room off you now. I agree it is a ludicrous situation, but just trying to think of a way around their daft rules

He isn't renting a room from me

I think if they are going to be so obtuse and awkward with renting a property, it doesn't bode well if he gets the property and something goes wrong with the flat. Are they going to be so pernickerty when it comes to rectifying a problem?

I think I'd ask them for references from current tenants!...Sounds daft but it's highly relevant!

I think if they are going to be so obtuse and awkward with renting a property, it doesn't bode well if he gets the property and something goes wrong with the flat. Are they going to be so pernickerty when it comes to rectifying a problem?

I think I'd ask them for references from current tenants!...Sounds daft but it's highly relevant!

Totally agree. Its the top floor of a house, the kitchen is shared, but he would have had his own shower room, bedroom and lounge. He works all over the UK and can be sometimes away for a few days a week so would have been ideal for him.

There will be others, plenty of agents out there.

Totally agree. Its the top floor of a house, the kitchen is shared, but he would have had his own shower room, bedroom and lounge. He works all over the UK and can be sometimes away for a few days a week so would have been ideal for him.

There will be others, plenty of agents out there.

Yep, it's a shame, but there's plenty of other places out there...On balance when dealing with a company like that, I find that if you go elsewhere they've actually done you a favour!

My son is completing his house sale next week and is looking to rent a flat or house.

He does work and has been in the same job a few years, and has a very good income.

The letting agent said they are not interested in his income they want references from a previous landlord.

As he has only owned his house not rented he seems he is stuck Any ideas.

Why not ask his solicitors to confirm that he's selling/sold, to explain why there's no previous L who can provide a reference?

Perhaps the landlord would be interested why he's got a property sitting empty and not getting any income