Speed bumps on wood land - still not any better!

That skeptical article doesn't even say that global warming has stopped, just that was not increasing as fast as it was when the article was written. Compare that to the article that I linked which said that the last 2 years have been the warmest on record. From the link:

Data released on Wednesday by the UK Met Office shows the average global temperature in 2015 was 0.75C higher than the long-term average between 1961 and 1990, much higher than the 0.57C in 2014, which itself was a record. The Met Office also expects 2016 to set a new record, meaning the global temperature records will have been broken for three years running.
Edited by JFKvsNixon

Apart from the evidence that the world is actually warming up!

Hasn't global temperatures pretty much plateaued since late 90's early 2000 though?

Well can someone have a word,its freezing here! :)

:hihi::hihi::hihi: only on Sheffield forum! This thread is about speed bumps! :hihi:

Slightly off-topic but this is why I never buy a used car in Sheffield. Between all the speed bumps and potholes, there's a fair chance it'll be needing new springs/shocks before too long :/

Yea the roads are terrible in Sheffield! It's quite depressing that our council can't be bothered to sort them out properly

Slightly off-topic but this is why I never buy a used car in Sheffield. Between all the speed bumps and potholes, there's a fair chance it'll be needing new springs/shocks before too long :/

where would you buy one from?

Speed bumps are not unique to Sheffield

where would you buy one from?

Speed bumps are not unique to Sheffield

Usually from Chesterfield. I know they're not unique but Sheffield does have rather a lot of them, and combined with the potholes here it causes a lot of wear and tear on the suspension of a car.

Usually from Chesterfield. I know they're not unique but Sheffield does have rather a lot of them, and combined with the potholes here it causes a lot of wear and tear on the suspension of a car.

Does it? Oh dear.

Don't buy one from up north,they are all rusty ;)

Yea the roads are terrible in Sheffield! It's quite depressing that our council can't be bothered to sort them out properly

Technically it's Amey's job to sort them out.

Why have speed humps in 20mph zone. Not needed take them out.

Why have speed humps in 20mph zone. Not needed take them out.

When I complained a few years ago I said I tried them at 20mph and it felt like hitting a kerb. The limit was then 30mph.

They smoothed some in the lower end, but 3 of the top four are still bloody awful.

I had two springs broken (separately), but know someone who has had FOUR.

I smashed all 4 springs on my old banger last winter, poor spring design and age was the main cause.

Just driven up Wood Lane at 20 mph and didn't break anything!