What A Difference A Year Makes..

top4718

The Owls stats produced yesterday certainly make for good reading, in the close season I was a little perturbed by the sacking of Mr Gray and perplexed by the appointment of Mr C but was determined to back him, the first few weeks of the season were indifferent but the turning point seemed to Bolton away, only a 0-0 draw but a first choice team emerged and a style of play was born.

The football has been breathtaking at times with great contributions from Bannan, Forestieri, Lee, Hooper and many others making it a great team effort. We got through the difficult Xmas period with many injuries and still emerged with a good haul of points, the 'Boro game was the only real mis-step but had not been for such a quick 'Boro goal I think the outcome would have been different.

Superb home form, showpiece goals, great football and real ambition, it's great to be an Owls at the moment WAWAW.

I was very vocal against what was going on at Hillsborough this summer. I did not agree with most of the moves and had a sincere mistrust of Chansiri. A half year later, the only thing I don't like is the new logo. And if that is all, than it is fair to say I am a happy man. I think we are more and more looking not only like a play-off challenger but also a play-off contender. Promotion really could be on the cards this year. I still expect Middlesbrough and Hull to take the auto-promotion spots, but the teams around us are all beatable.

Hello!

Fair play to your new owner. He's made some good decisions. I don't think there's any satisfaction though from "buying success" and actually think it's more of a failure if they didn't hit top two.

Saying that, it's a great achievement if you went up. I didn't think you'd do it to be honest. At the moment it's looking good for you guys.

Is it too early to celebrate?

Fair play to your new owner. He's made some good decisions. I don't think there's any satisfaction though from "buying success" and actually think it's more of a failure if they didn't hit top two.

There's satisfaction to be gained in spending whatever funds are available to achieve progress and not wasting it. Kevin McCabe says he and his family have put £90m into Sheffield United and the club has gone backwards.

There are more than two clubs in the Championship that have spent more than Wednesday so how can finishing outside the top two be failure?

There's satisfaction to be gained in spending whatever funds are available to achieve progress and not wasting it. Kevin McCabe says he and his family have put £90m into Sheffield United and the club has gone backwards.

There are more than two clubs in the Championship that have spent more than Wednesday so how can finishing outside the top two be failure?

Sorry I didn't mean to annoy you, I was just referring to going up with normal funds, rather than buying lots of players and buying anyone you want. I personally don't think there's any skill in that. It's a little like playing football manager on a computer.

As for us... well in the past we've badly managed our football club and now we've gone back ten years.