Dog friendly pubs & cafes in Sheffield.

Dogs in pubs are fine. Children are another matter.

:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 19:56 ----------

Our dog goes to the pub with me most days.

He has never used bad language , never been loud and aggressive, never fallen over while drunk , never got into fight or shouted like football hooligans do. in fact he is the perfect companion .

I bet he's never run around screaming his head off or getting under the feet whilst people are carrying drinks or food either ;)

Guest makapaka
:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 19:56 ----------

I bet he's never run around screaming his head off or getting under the feet whilst people are carrying drinks or food either ;)

Children are human beings. You were one once.

Guest makapaka
no they aint

children are only human beings when they are not being a pain in the arse to other people

children in pubs (pubs that are NOT soft play type pubs) are a right royal pain in the arse.

i gave a table of adults a roasting last year when their uncontrolled kids bumped into my chair for the 2nd 3rd 10th time.

the parents where busy having a lovely chatty meal, and completely ignoring their rabid offspring

I don't disagree badly behaved kids are a pain.

Not all kids are badly behaved though.

There are also plenty of pubs that don't allow kids in (certainly after certain times of day anyway).

I just think its a bit weird when people compare dogs to children to prove a point - given that children are people and dogs are animals.

Back on topic please.

The OP asked for suggestions of pubs to take their dog, not for peoples opinions if they should be allowed to.

Thank you.

Can't see a problem with dogs in pubs providing they are restricted when it comes to eating areas in foody pubs.

Why do people take their dogs to the pub though?

I could see it if you were out on a dog walk and sat outside the pub on way back or something, but why do people just take their dog with them to the local?

It makes no sense to me.

But why wouldn't you?

They're ace company and love being with us. To me, it makes no sense to leave them at home!

Dogs in pubs are fine. Children are another matter.

Agree.

I think dogs should be allowed in Tesco; but noisy kids should be banned!

Children are human beings. You were one once.

I was and if I'd have behaved like this I would have had my backside roasted to the extent that even now over 30 years later I doubt I'd have been able to sit down!

Guest makapaka
I was and if I'd have behaved like this I would have had my backside roasted to the extent that even now over 30 years later I doubt I'd have been able to sit down!

Behaved like what? What example are you referring to?

Most kids tend to be well behaved in pubs/restaurants in my experience.

Behaved like what? What example are you referring to?

Most kids tend to be well behaved in pubs/restaurants in my experience.

My own earlier post about children running around getting under the feet whilst people are carrying food and drinks. I agree though, most children are quiet and sit with the parents, sadly as in many walks of life it's the minority that spoil it.

Edited by GreyhoundMum

Hi all

I know this thread has been done before in various areas but it would be good to gather a more definitive list of dog friendly cafes for Sheffield as a whole (please note this is for cafes only and not pubs).

I only got my pooch in December last year but so far I can advise the following:

Rose Park Café at Graves Park

Urban-Ita on Abbeydale Road

Steam Yard on Division Street

I have read that Upshot Espresso on Glossop Road accepts dogs but have not managed to get round visiting there just yet so maybe someone can confirm this. Any more ?