Dog friendly pubs & cafes in Sheffield.

The Steam Yard on Division Street allow dogs inside, and the Devonshire Cat does aswell (although that's a pub, not a cafe).

Old Queens Head next to bus station is great place to go with a dogs :) Staff offering bowl with water and sometimes even some left overs like steak ;) My dog loves it there

Not a cafe but the Sheffield Tap allows dog inside and it's a really good pub

The Steam Yard on Division Street allow dogs inside, and the Devonshire Cat does aswell (although that's a pub, not a cafe).

thanks that's good to know- we have sat outside on a sunny day there

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 16:22 ----------

Old Queens Head next to bus station is great place to go with a dogs :) Staff offering bowl with water and sometimes even some left overs like steak ;) My dog loves it there

We used to go to one of the cafes at Broomhill and the owner always brought out chopped sausages for Jesse but haven't been for a while

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 16:22 ----------

thanks katkin - I have been told Tamper on Arundel St allow dogs but, as you say, possibly outdoors only.

Bakewell seems just as bad - but we have now found a great and dog friendly spot there (forget the name, its off the road behind Holland and Barrett on the way round to the swimmng pool)

we go to The Lakes a lot and it is so much better there

The Castle pub (I think) is the one that lets dogs inside at Bakewell.

We want to go to some pubs in Sheffield Centre over the next few weeks, but need to take our dog.

Any suggestions, please?

Guest sibon
We want to go to some pubs in Sheffield Centre over the next few weeks, but need to take our dog.

Any suggestions, please?

Just about any of the Kelham Island pubs allow dogs. The Red Deer does, as does the Three Tuns if it is open

As a dog owner myself I cant think why anyone would want to take a dog into town.

Social dog? Some really like people for some reason, don't get it myself.

Guest makapaka

Any suggestions, please?

Take it for a walk instead - dogs shouldn't be allowed in pubs.

Guest makapaka
i dont have an opinion as to wether a pub should allow a dog or not

but i do have one on if its the best environment for a dog. lots of random noises and smells. cant be very nice for a dog.

Probably right - they also get in the way. Random barking. People stopping in middle of room to stroke them like they've never seen a dog before etc.

Dogs and pubs are not a pleasant mix

Animals always do the unexpected, they have no concept of safety or how their behaviour impacts on other people