Old Nags Head at Dronfield bowshaw

Does anyone else remember the old nags head.one landlord was a chap called Les minskip who was a bit on the grumpy side. Then a fella called Dave Rhodes who I used to go to a few matches with. Out the back used to be allotments so you could always get an assortment of veg in the pub.

Remember going in there in the mid 1970's with an ex-girlfriend of mine. We were the only ones in there. Recall there were dead plants in pots that hadn't been watered in yonks. There was a filthy fish tank which I presumed was their idea of 1970's entertainment.

We had one drink and went back to the Magpie and Grennell Mower - much more sophisticated (!)

Remember going in there in the mid 1970's with an ex-girlfriend of mine. We were the only ones in there. Recall there were dead plants in pots that hadn't been watered in yonks. There was a filthy fish tank which I presumed was their idea of 1970's entertainment.

We had one drink and went back to the Magpie and Grennell Mower - much more sophisticated (!)

LOL at Grennell Mower, being sophisticated, or the Magpie for that matter.