Drones flying around Netheredge

some estate agents use them to take pictures

An expensive remote controlled aircraft. They use bigger ones in Iraq and Afghanistan to fight the Taliban remotely.

Starting at about £15 they are well outside the reach of all but them most determined 8 year olds.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 10:40 ----------

some estate agents use them to take pictures

Now that really does require a license... Commercial use is much more likely to attract attention than personal use.

There's an increasing number of reports of drone near misses:

http://www.airproxboard.org.uk/docs/423/20151209%20-%20Summary%20Sheet%20Dec%202015.pdf

This one coming into Manchester:

http://www.airproxboard.org.uk/docs/423/2015141.pdf

This is my favourite though:

THE A321 PILOT reports departing from Birmingham when, on passing 1500ft, the first officer noticed an unidentified object, described as rocket shaped and the size of 2 x 2l fizzy drink bottles. It passed very close to the starboard side of the aircraft, although didn’t actually hit it. The incident was reported to ATC.

Equally, why shouldn't a drone would be flying around Nether Edge? Whenever I see drone footage on the TV (nearly every documentary now) I want a go.

You can even get drone footage of the football now, how long till whole matches are streamed live?

Sheffield United vs Notts County

That's an interesting idea but I think that they only have around 10 minutes of useful battery life so you'd need a few drones rotating to cover a full game.

It's also illegal, assuming United get crowds of more than 1,000 spectators!

The aircraft must not be flown:

over or within 150 metres of any congested area

over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

theres lots of shops local to netheredge selling these machines at £20-£40 so I presume its kids/dads enjoying flying them,but who pays the cost of injury ect?

its not a drone its a quadcopter

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 12:11 ----------

Starting at about £15 they are well outside the reach of all but them most determined 8 year olds.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 10:40 ----------

Now that really does require a license... Commercial use is much more likely to attract attention than personal use.

you dont need a licence to film ariel footage at all aslong as its not sold on are uploaded to a online site ect...

I think that video was of a reserve match.

The aircraft must not be flown:

over or within 150 metres of any congested area

over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

If they're being used by official tv stations then they will have the appropriate licenses.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 14:43 ----------

you dont need a licence to film ariel footage at all aslong as its not sold on are uploaded to a online site ect...

Isn't that exactly what "commercial usage" means...

Uploading it online doesn't require any license though. Commercial usage does, which is what I said.

Uploading it online doesn't require any license though
Anyone mentioned the Data Protection Act strictures in this thread yet? :twisted:

(not a dig C, I'm just being facetious ;))