Sheffield half marathon in april 2016

Is anyone doing this as i am. What are your training sessions? What are your running routes?

I'm in.

I did it last year, it's a fantastic route and very well supported (hope we get the same level of awesome support as last year). I did a few training runs along the actual race route, but just from and back to, Hunters Bar roundabout. I'll be doing that again a few time this year, just to get used to the gradient, so I know how fast I can go on the day.

There's another thread around here somewhere, for last year's race, tells you the amount of climb you'll find from Hunters Bar to the top of the route where it turns on the Sheephill road; it turns out it's more climb than the initial hill on Buxton HM!

Hopefully it will still be chilly to keep the runners cool

join a club makes training a lot easier. steel city have a lot of runners of all calibre.

I go circuit training. I did 11 mile last night found it quite steady but that was on all flat. Waldo you wanna go running let me kno

I'd be up for doing a reccy run of the route.

Not running too well at the moment though, so will probably take me a few weeks to build up to it. I did it in 1:50 last year; but the speed I'm running right now, if I did the course today, I'd be more like 2:10...

Hows the training going folks?

Noticed loads going up to Ringinglow yesterday.

Like waldo will probably be a bit slower this year due to injury.

Can improve time much in month before?

Am back on full training now though and hoping for sub 2 hour.

I did the Eccy road section last week and found the worst part to be Eccy Road South, which was odd.

I am aiming to get couple of hill sessions in a week from now until the race, as long as my injuries allow me! :/

Hows everyone else finding it?

The ecclesall rd south/knowle lane bit is ,to me anyway the toughest part of the course don't find the ringinglow climb that bad just steady with a few recovery dips.

I did it last year and hoping to run it with my wife this time. Found it tough last year but should be in better shape this time. Did Grindleford Gallop AND Dronfield 10k this weekend! :gag:

My two long runs are usually the Round Sheffield Walk route and from Woodseats up to Owler via Dronny Woodhouse and Holmesfield then back through Totley.

I ran the round walk yesterday too,great training route for the long run,felt a lot harder than the actual half route as there are a lot of hills not just one big one.

Not going to taper as much this year as I started training late and feel strong even done some intervals which felt really beneficial.

Doing a long slow run an interval session and a pace run each week.

Hows everyone else doing?

Still not to late to enter.

Under 1:35 in last year's half but would be delighted with under 1:45 this time

Training pretty well. Have had a string of ridiculous injuries but getting back into the groove. Completed Grindleford Gallop a couple of weeks ago and that was ok.