Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

No,no.

I was at work tonight and my friend mentioned that she will likely have a case for large financial compensation. I did not know that possibility existed.

Read the jury was 11-2 in favour of a guilty verdict.

So it was a majority decision?

No,no.

I was at work tonight and my friend mentioned that she will likely have a case for large financial compensation. I did not know that possibility existed.

Even by your standards that is outstandingly dim - could 11-2 be unanimous :hihi::hihi::hihi:

(ps I thought juries had 12 people)/

No,no.

You do know that after stating his innocence from the day he was arrested to the start of the trial, he then pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one count of grooming.

His club took his innocent plea on face value and paid him throughout the period leading up to the trial. When he changed his stance they sacked him. This underhand approach allowed Johnson to pocket over £1.5 million in wages.

I can see 11-2 is a majority but thought it had to be a unanimous decision.

If the decision had been 7-6 would Johnson have still been found guilty?

Yesterday I read on Eurosports - he was found guilty of a sexual act - digital penetration with one other of a sexual act being dismissed.

Then just now read he was found guilty of TWO separate charges of a sexual act.

The 28-year-old was told on Wednesday jail was "almost inevitable" when he is sentenced for grooming and two counts of sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan who idolised him.

Edited by MAC33

If the decision had been 7-6 would Johnson have still been found guilty?

Yesterday I read on Eurosports - he was ound guilty of a sexual act - digital penetration with one other of a sexual act being dismissed.

Then just now read he was found guilty of TWO separate charges of a sexual act.

He admitted two other charges!!!!!!!

I am frankly staggered by the lack of knowledge of even the most basic sort as to how many people comprise a jury. It is made up of 12 people.

A majority is 11-1, 10-2. The Judge directs them that (after a particular length of time) he is now able to accept a verdict of a majority, that would be as above.

7-5 - No-

It is 11-1, 10-2

You're not wrong in your thinking, I remember at the start of this when the judge finished summing up and sent the Jury out he said they must return a unanimous decision.

He even made a little football style quip about it.

"The score must be 12-0" or something to that effect.

---------- Post added 04-03-2016 at 17:15 ----------

ah found it :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35687670

I can only accept unanimous verdicts in this case, 12-0 is the only possible score.

Judges always send out a jury asking them to return a unanimous verdict - a verdict on which all 12 agree.

If after a particular length of time - minimum is 2 hours and 15 minutes (don't ask why) when he has determined, usually having discussed it with the Prosecution and the Defence, a sufficient time has elapsed he gives them further direction as to accepting a majority.

You're not wrong in your thinking, I remember at the start of this when the judge finished summing up and sent the Jury out he said they must return a unanimous decision.

He even made a little football style quip about it.

"The score must be 12-0" or something to that effect.

---------- Post added 04-03-2016 at 17:15 ----------

ah found it :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35687670

I think the judge said that he'd only accept a unanimous decision on the charge that Johnson was found not guilty on.

He did say when they were first sent out that he could only accept a unanimous verdict - that is what is always said - but after an amount of time has elapsed the judge can accept a majority verdict which is what occurred here.