Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

Found guilty of the second account - sexual activity wth a 25 year old.

And there are people here who would convict him!

And there are people here who would convict him!

Oops, the post has been edited to reflect his convection for sexual activity with a 15 year old.

Prison for sure then.

Prison for sure then.

His not guilty plea, forcing the victim to go through the trial certainly won't help him.

Edit:

From the BBC -

Judge Jonathan Rose has warned Johnson he faces a potential prison sentence of five years.

The judge said his preliminary view was that the case falls into the category of a five-year prison sentence with a range of four to 10 years.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Yep and when the judge says this:

The judge said his preliminary view was that the case falls into the category of a five-year prison sentence with a range of four to 10 years.

I thought he might get 18 months or something.

Again the line is trotted out that footballers are meant to be role models. Why? Who says they should be role models? They are (mainly) thick working class kids who can kick a ball around. It's not like they are heads of churches or UN Ambassadors. (David Beckham excepted).

Why is it anymore unacceptable for a footballer to have sex with a minor than a window cleaner or binman? I just really don't get this "role model" stuff.

Again the line is trotted out that footballers are meant to be role models. Why? Who says they should be role models? They are (mainly) thick working class kids who can kick a ball around. It's not like they are heads of churches or UN Ambassadors. (David Beckham excepted).

Why is it anymore unacceptable for a footballer to have sex with a minor than a window cleaner or binman? I just really don't get this "role model" stuff.

Maybe because football is very popular and can be used to promote "appropriate" attitudes?

In future, will you be allowed to play professional football if you are judged to be a potential non-role model?

Should we be selecting the England football team on the basis of who are the nicest lads, rather than the best players?

More from the judge:

"The defendant must understand there is a very high probability of a significant custodial sentence."
The judge told Johnson he would be released on bail so he could get his "affairs in order".

He continued:

"You can say goodbye to your daughter. A prison sentence will mean you will not see her for some time."

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 18:40 ----------

Maybe it's because some footballers are heroes to some?

Maybe because football is very popular and can be used to promote "appropriate" attitudes?

In future, will you be allowed to play professional football if you are judged to be a potential non-role model?

Should we be selecting the England football team on the basis of who are the nicest lads, rather than the best players?

Assuming you have kids, would you advise them to look up to any footballers as role models?

Hard time as a peedo too, heavy price for johnson. Might be out in 2 or 3 years so could potentially resume a career. I can't imagine many clubs willing to take a gamble so might have to look abroad.

David Beckham is 'excepted' from what ? Always came across as a "thick working class kid' to me !

Assuming you have kids, would you advise them to look up to any footballers as role models?

Yes I do have kids and I wouldn't advise them to look at a footballer as a role model. Too many of them are entitled and badly behaved.