Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

If you can be arrested, tried and go to prison for it then I can't see much point in arguing the semantics of it.

He's still a criminal, he's still admitted to sexual crimes against an under-age girl.

If you can be arrested, tried and go to prison for it then I can't see much point in arguing the semantics of it.

He's still a criminal, he's still admitted to sexual crimes against an under-age girl.

I agree, he deserves to be in jail and has used his position of power to take advantage of a vulnerable underage girl.

See Ted heath is the usual right wing peadophile apologist, that just happened to have joined

What a truly disgusting thing to express. "Right Wing pedophile apologist" (I note you cant spell the word properly).

I argue for no more than due process of trial, something most left wingers would insist upon were the accused other than a rich white person.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 14:21 ----------

Ted - you missed the bit about his guilty please then did you ?

His guilty plea notwithstanding the evidence has not been fully examined. All i suggest is stay your judgement till it has.

"Right Wing pedophile apologist" (I note you cant spell the word properly).

Neither can you, it's paedophile.

Pedophile is the way Americans spell it.

It's arguable if Johnson is a paedophile or not, generally a paedophile is someone who is attracted to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

This is true. I'm a bit wary about all this "'E's a peedo innit?" business. If the victim is six, nine, eleven, then no argument, but fifteen?

Anyway, here's a link to an interesting article from the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12159143/Adam-Johnson-child-sex-trial-schoolgirl-evidence-second-day.html

For those who don't want to click on the link some extracts.

Johnson's barrister "told the court that the girl's mother had urged her to be cautious about Johnson, saying: "Don't go stalking him now."

"Explaining why she told a friend that when she saw Johnson next she'd be "riding him", the girl said she was just "trying to big myself up".

Two months after the meetings with Johnson she then got in touch with another footballer, Connor Wickham, ex-Sunderland now at Palace saying that she liked his pictures.

I don't think that Johnson is a paedophile like Gary Glitter. That said his behaviour was appalling. Copping off with a fifteen year old when your girlfriend has just given birth to your child is just low. He comes across as your typical entitled footballer, but not a paedophile sex predator.

id say she was the instigator of it but he was (to put it in a life of brian sort of way) a very naughty boy, also very silly

Neither can you, it's paedophile.

Pedophile is the way Americans spell it.

As the Americans were the first to commonly use the term that is the correct way of spelling it.

As the Americans were the first to commonly use the term that is the correct way of spelling it.

What a load of tosh!

Actually it was coined at the start of the 1900's in Europe, and has greek/latin roots.

Padis (child) Philos (loving)

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 15:46 ----------

This is true. I'm a bit wary about all this "'E's a peedo innit?" business. If the victim is six, nine, eleven, then no argument, but fifteen?

Yes but don't forget:

The footballer has previously pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child

He may not be as depraved as Gary Glitter, Jimmy Savillie or Rolf Harris, but I'm not sure they are any kind of decent yard stick to use when you call someone a Paedophile.

The guys a criminal, he's admitted as much, and is on trial for more.

Actually it was coined at the start of the 1900's in Europe, and has greek/latin roots.

Padis (child) Philos (loving)

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 15:46 ----------

Yes but don't forget:

He may not be as depraved as Gary Glitter, Jimmy Savillie or Rolf Harris, but I'm not sure they are any kind of decent yard stick to use when you call someone a Paedophile.

The guys a criminal, he's admitted as much, and is on trial for more.

Surely padis and philos means lover of the Irish.

David Bowie was regarded, during his later life and after his death, as a national treasure, however it's well documented that he and his wife relieved the 14 year old Lori Maddox of her virginity in the early 70s, before she dated the rock god Jimmy Page, at the matronly age of 15.