Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

Ted did make a valid point, that until more information comes out in court we can't really know what went on. Clearly anyone who has any form of sexual contact with a child isn't going to be forgiven easily, but equally there might be a lot more context to this. Perhaps she lied to him and pretended she was 17? He's still guilty and deserves all he gets, but I think (hope) all Ted is saying is that we should wait until more info comes out before we completely knife him, and that if is does turn out that he knew she was 15 and still went ahead then we can all lay into him as much as we want.

According to this report on the Beeb he was well aware she was 15.

The jury was read an exchange of messages between the pair in which he arranged to meet her to sign a football shirt but she made it clear she had only just turned 15.

According to this report on the Beeb he was well aware she was 15.

Then let all judgement rain down upon him. It was genuinely just trying not to judge someone before all the facts came out, but clearly he's a sexual predator and will be judged as one.

Was it just kissing and grooming?

We need to find out exactly what happened between the two before passing judgement.

We need to find out exactly what happened between the two before passing judgement.

I'm happy to pass judgement on a famous footballer in his mid 20s kissing and grooming a girl he knew was 15.

Read the Beeb report linked to in post #25.

Yes,but the sentence should be much lighter than if they had engaged in sex.

Yes,but the sentence should be much lighter than if they had engaged in sex.

They haven't finished the prosecution yet - from that linked article:

The trial continues.

So there's more to it that what's been reported so far.

Read the beeb report and it does look like they engaged in sex.

But its not that clear that's what happened.

More information is needed.

See Ted heath is the usual right wing peadophile apologist, that just happened to have joined

From the more up to date reports he certainly knew that the girl was 15 years of age.

What I don't understand is his partner attending court with him when he was allegedly having sexual contact with this girl whilst she was pregnant with his child and thereafter.

Some of my friends have suggested that she will stay with him due to the vast amounts of money he has earned.

I personally, as a woman would not do this. I would be embarrassed, especially as he has pleaded guilty to some charges.

I'm just interested to hear other women's thoughts on this.

Some women stay with a man after infidelity, especially if children are involved.

but when the man is also a paedophile???

The money must be the only reason.

Some women stay with a man after infidelity, especially if children are involved.

but when the man is also a paedophile???

The money must be the only reason.

It's arguable if Johnson is a paedophile or not, generally a paedophile is someone who is attracted to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.