Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

More about Johnson's awful behaviour has come to light. The 15 year old wasn't someone who he met in a club or a bar, but she was a massive fan of Sunderland. Here's what the prosecution has said:

After matches, she would hang around waiting for a glimpse of him, wanting to get a photograph, often sporting a Sunderland shirt with Johnson's name emblazoned across the back.

She had one enormous crush on him, he was her absolute hero. She idolised him.

The trial states that the girl told he she was 15 years old, and after she befriend him on Facebook they started to exchange messages. More here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35559931

More about Johnson's awful behaviour has come to light. The 15 year old wasn't someone who he met in a club or a bar, but she was a massive fan of Sunderland. Here's what the prosecution has said:

The trial states that the girl told he she was 15 years old, and after she befriend him on Facebook they started to exchange messages. More here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35559931

He has been a fool. Most men have been a fool one way or the other in their lives. Judge not that ye may be judged.

He has been a fool. Most men have been a fool one way or the other in their lives. Judge not that ye may be judged.

Sexual contact with a 15 year old does not make him a fool, it makes him a guilty of a sex crime.

Speak for yourself, when I was in my late 20s I've was never tempted to sexually groom a 15 year old.

Sexual contact with a 15 year old does not make him a fool, it makes him a guilty of a sex crime.

Some years ago I was on holiday in Spain, in the apartment next to mine was a Norwegian family with a number of young women in the party. One of them was a striking young woman about 5.10inches tall elegant and absolutely beautiful.

I sat with her father one evening having a drink and the discussion turned to children. He told me she was 14. I would have thought she was in her early 20s.

Footballers are not known for their intelligence and judgement, who is to know the circumstances of this lliason until it comes out in court?

The bible advises us not to judge to quickly, I think thats good advice. If its as bad as it could be, lock him up throw the key away, but dont rush to condemn.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Speak for yourself, when I was in my late 20s I've was never tempted to sexually groom a 15 year old.

If you have ever worked behind a bar or in any situation where you need to assess the age of a young woman you would know how difficult it is.

Perhaps your response should include the word "knowingly"?

Some years ago I was on holiday in Spain, in the apartment next to mine was a Norwegian family with a number of young women in the party. One of them was a striking young woman about 5.10inches tall elegant and absolutely beautiful.

I sat with her father one evening having a drink and the discussion turned to children. He told me she was 14. I would have thought she was in her early 20s.

Footballers are not known for their intelligence and judgement, who is to know the circumstances of this lliason until it comes out in court?

The bible advises us not to judge to quickly, I think thats good advice. If its as bad as it could be, lock him up throw the key away, but dont rush to condemn.

I will agree with the sentiments of the last line, minus the bible bit. Until he is found guilty or otherwise and more facts come out in court all we are doing is speculating.

I will agree with the sentiments of the last line, minus the bible bit. Until he is found guilty or otherwise and more facts come out in court all we are doing is speculating.

Actually when you read the majority of postings above many have already tried sentenced and executed the man.

These moralistic outpourings do nothing for justice and are more akin to a medieval mindset.

There is a vigilante feeling to much that is said elsewhere regarding these type of offences and I think we should be a little thoughtful and careful before we jump to conclusions.

Dont misunderstand me, yesterday I read the story re Milly Dowler. I think Belfield should be taken from his cell and hung. I go further, if a hangman is needed, ill bring the rope and do the deed. Due process has been carried out in the Dowler case.

Ted - you missed the bit about his guilty please then did you ?

Ted - you missed the bit about his guilty please then did you ?

Ted did make a valid point, that until more information comes out in court we can't really know what went on. Clearly anyone who has any form of sexual contact with a child isn't going to be forgiven easily, but equally there might be a lot more context to this. Perhaps she lied to him and pretended she was 17? He's still guilty and deserves all he gets, but I think (hope) all Ted is saying is that we should wait until more info comes out before we completely knife him, and that if is does turn out that he knew she was 15 and still went ahead then we can all lay into him as much as we want.

I agree about having more information - you won't get enough nor can you ever rely on reporting being accurate

She was 15 and told him so via Facebook - hence the offence he admitted - under 16 !

If you have ever worked behind a bar or in any situation where you need to assess the age of a young woman you would know how difficult it is.

Perhaps your response should include the word "knowingly"?

As I said earlier, he never met her in a bar, she would hang around the club after the match trying to get his autograph. He knew that she was under 16, but he couldn't help himself.