Adam Johnson sacked by sunderland

After admitting grooming and sexual activity with a child under 16. I guess hes got a few quid put away as his career in football is finished.

After admitting grooming and sexual activity with a child under 16. I guess hes got a few quid put away as his career in football is finished.

Doubt it tinfoil,he will come out of jail and some team will have him,abroad maybe?

What an absolute waste. I remember watching him tear Wednesday apart a few years ago.

Well done to Sunderland though. Many clubs wouldn't have sacked a £10m player.

Doubt it tinfoil,he will come out of jail and some team will have him,abroad maybe?

He's 28. When he comes out of prison he's going to be unfit and into his 30s. He'll not play again.

What an absolute waste. I remember watching him tear Wednesday apart a few years ago.

Pleading guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a child, you would hope a club would do what Sunderland have done no matter what the players value is.

He's 28. When he comes out of prison he's going to be unfit and into his 30s. He'll not play again.

He will be free before he is 30,he will not get more than 4yrs,as for fit,he will be fit,football is played in prisons and there's the fully equipped gym.Maybe he will not want to play again,he will have earned plenty.

He no longer is a £10m player . Sunderland are acting in their own interest and no longer will have to pay him £80,000 per week .

He no longer is a £10m player . Sunderland are acting in their own interest and no longer will have to pay him £80,000 per week .

You're spot on, as soon as he pleaded guilty he no longer had a transfer value of £10m, he was worthless to Sunderland. Like you say what Sunderland have done is wipe £80k or whatever he was on a week off the books.

He's denied the more serious charges and the trial for them starts tomorrow, so it remains to be seen what punishment he'll get. Adidas have also cancelled their contract with him. In a game that makes most of it's money from selling it's image, Johnson is now toxic and probably unemployable.

The guidelines are available to all to view.

The complainant was 15 - I know nothing of the facts save the incident (s) involve kissing - he is not going to prison for that.

The guidelines are available to all to view.

The complainant was 15 - I know nothing of the facts save the incident (s) involve kissing - he is not going to prison for that.

Having looked at the guidelines if it was kissing only then it looks unlikely he will go to jail.

Even if he didnt go to jail he's toxic now.

Still two more serious offences to go. Dount anyone will employ him anytime soon and the press will hound him wherever he goes.

Having looked at the guidelines if it was kissing only then it looks unlikely he will go to jail.

Even if he didnt go to jail he's toxic now.

Still two more serious offences to go. Dount anyone will employ him anytime soon and the press will hound him wherever he goes.

It's not just kissing is it, he's also pleaded guilty to grooming the girl as well. Even if he gets off the other charges I can still see him doing some time.