Dell 1545 laptop

My laptop stopped working properly since I updated to windows 10 and now it's completely messed up. I can't access files or do anything with it. I really need it working and my files back. It's showing a black screen with a message saying 'an operating system was not found'

Can anyone on here fix this for me please

My number is 07516640467

Thanks

Sounds like your hard drive may be corrupt, or have died...

if it's corrupt, there's a good chance of saving your files, if it's died, then without paying a fair whack i'm afraid your files may be lost...

I could take a look, and let you know which it is.... just needs the hard drive taking out, and checking...

Sounds like your hard drive may be corrupt, or have died...

if it's corrupt, there's a good chance of saving your files, if it's died, then without paying a fair whack i'm afraid your files may be lost...

I could take a look, and let you know which it is.... just needs the hard drive taking out, and checking...

Where can I bring it for you to look? How much? I would rather have it seen to and then you can tell me what to do with it. Thanks

Assuming you have access to a functioning PC, download a Linux distribution. They'll run from a DVD or a USB stick, and if your files aren't corrupted, you should be able to access them.

Assuming you have access to a functioning PC, download a Linux distribution. They'll run from a DVD or a USB stick, and if your files aren't corrupted, you should be able to access them.

Thank you, I will try this tomorrow.