Domestic water fed pole window cleaners in Sheffield

I understand it takes time to condition the window panes to pure water cleaning. The reason I'm asking is that 7 of our windows aren't accessible by ladders. Thanks for the reviews, opinions and recommendations.

My window cleaner is CC Window Cleaning and I think he is based in Rotherham.

I don't have a window cleaner walking on the roof tiles or breaking the guttering anymore not to mention knocking the sky dish off.

I know we can't tar them all with the same brush but after my original window cleaner retired the business was passed on to some idiots so they lost a lot off custom.

The window cleaner I have uses this system, don't think it is good as the 'old' way, but then I don't think anyone cleans windows as well as I do!! Old age and living in a house prevents me from ladder climbing!!

I saw a water pole fed one cleaning windows yesterday and asked him to do mine.

I was very impressed with the result's, no water marks after it dried.

I saw a water pole fed one cleaning windows yesterday and asked him to do mine.

I was very impressed with the result's, no water marks after it dried.

It shouldn't leave marks as you say. Used this system more times than I can remember.

As long as the water is properly filtered before use, and stored properly, it shouldn't leave anything on the window other than water, which will dry naturally and be clear.

I'm a window cleaner if the water is purified then it will not leave streaks but has got to be under 15 to be good cleaning watter

My brother has a window cleaning round and use both water fed pole and traditional methods. Most of his work is traditional as most people

Dont like the water fed pole and he even agrees that traditional is better but whatever the customer wants !

I agree! The 'old' way is the better one. I notice the sills on the upstairs windows are badly scratched. There supposed to be no streaks, but I see marks on the windows. If I had a head for heights, I would do my own, as nobody does windows quite like I do!!!! Tkaes me a long time but the results............amazing and no marks!

Get a long extending pole a washer, wiper, bucket with soapy water and do it yourself.

As long as you are not disabled it will be easy.

Oh, just forgot we are in a country where it looks like you are from a lower class if you wash your own windows.

It is not a skill or trade like plumbing or carpentry.

Edited by dutch

Get a long extending pole a washer, wiper, bucket with soapy water and do it yourself.

Oh, just forgot we are in a country where it looks like you are from a lower class if you wash your own windows.

I agree and dont see it as a trade but my brother packed up plastering with me for the window cleaning as he earns alot better money on the windows and only has to work 6hrs a day to earn his money, I would love to say what he pulls in but wont ! Lol

Edited by Starlc

Not if like mine, you can turn the windows outside in, then clean them.;)

We have one of these types of window cleaners but to be honest I much prefer the old style window cleaners. They would wipe all your frames and sills etc . This new one we have now leaves our Windows wet through so they dry all dirty looking and his brush has marked our front and back doors. And I'm charged £6 for the privelege!! Just my opinion though.

If he's leaving marks on your glass and they dry dirty, he's clearly not doing it properly. However I'm convinced he's not doing it properly if he's only charging £6.00 (Unless you live in a very small property) as a water fed system is extremely expensive to build, run and maintain.

I'd be surprised if your window cleaner isn't using tap water as pure water wont leave any marks/streaks/spotting at all if done properly. Our water is run through a 5 stage reverse osmosis and then polished through a pressurized de-ionising vessel, which produces a very strict 000ppm TDS reading (parts per million, total dissolved solids). There is also absolutely reason at all why your frames and sills aren't being cleaned and if he was to do them, you would actually find that WFP produces a much better finish than traditional methods as it can get into gaps and vents where a cloth can't.

Might also be worth getting him to look into 'Hydrophobic and Hydrophillic coatings'.