Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

CDC's take on multiple vaccinations.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/multiple-vaccines-immunity.html

It's worth knowing a little about the Immune System when looking at the science of

vaccination.

There's plenty of stuff to get stuck into in the "Related Scientific  Articles" 

Edited by petemcewan

On 06/12/2019 at 08:32, petemcewan said:

CDC's take on multiple vaccinations.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/multiple-vaccines-immunity.html

It's worth knowing a little about the Immune System when looking at the science of

vaccination.

There's plenty of stuff to get stuck into in the "Related Scientific  Articles" 

Introducing any chemical into a body obviously has risks & it would be devistating for any parents to have their child end up debilited or dead through such an injection but it comes down to the law of percentages.

Do you accept the decades of FACT whereby millions of children have been save from certain death or a debilitating life or the fact that the Internet has allowed cranks, (many of which have been found wanting in their medical expertise), to flourish & spout I'll informed  & dangerous views regarding vaccinations? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-50682881#aoh=15757349128229&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

The take up of the MMR is lower than ideal because of the alleged connection with autism.

The solution is obvious but costs more than injecting the combined vaccine

Inject the vaccines separately over a period of time as was done years ago.

MMR is not used any more. It used to be the 5 in one now it's a six in one.

Theres no reason to inject individually and there never was.

57 minutes ago, davyboy said:

The take up of the MMR is lower than ideal because of the alleged connection with autism.

The solution is obvious but costs more than injecting the combined vaccine

Inject the vaccines separately over a period of time as was done years ago.

There is no "alleged connection with autism". There was illegal activity, there was unethical practice and there was fraudulent and misleading practice.

There is a continuing  effort by extreme political and religious groups to discredit science and medicine.

There are, understandably, some who seek a reason for their childs'  illness or disability.

"As was done years ago"?

It is more than 25 years since MMR was standard and we now have "6-in-1" vaccine and "4-in-1" vaccine and  "3-in-1" vaccine.

To "inject the vaccines separately" to children would mean 50+ vaccination from the list below, it is neither sensible, practical, medically effective not to give them in groups or as combined.

diphtheria

hepatitis B

Hib

polio   

tetanus

whooping cough (pertussis)

Pneumococcal (PCV) vaccine
Rotavirus vaccine

MenC 
Measels

Mump

Rubella
MenB 

Flu vaccine (every year)

HPV vaccine
MenACWY

Source: NHS vaccinations and when to have them

9 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There is no "alleged connection with autism". There was illegal activity, there was unethical practice and there was fraudulent and misleading practice.

There is a continuing  effort by extreme political and religious groups to discredit science and medicine.

There are, understandably, some who seek a reason for their childs'  illness or disability.

"As was done years ago"?

It is more than 25 years since MMR was standard and we now have "6-in-1" vaccine and "4-in-1" vaccine and  "3-in-1" vaccine.

To "inject the vaccines separately" to children would mean 50+ vaccination from the list below, it is neither sensible, practical, medically effective not to give them in groups or as combined.

diphtheria

hepatitis B

Hib

polio   

tetanus

whooping cough (pertussis)

Pneumococcal (PCV) vaccine
Rotavirus vaccine

MenC 
Measels

Mump

Rubella
MenB 

Flu vaccine (every year)

HPV vaccine
MenACWY

Source: NHS vaccinations and when to have them

I never got the MMR. I got measles instead. There simply wasnt a measles vaccine available.

Only one of my classmates died from measles though. People forget that it's occassionally lethal.

I did get a smallpox vaccine though. You dont get that these days. Vaccination eradicated smallpox.

15 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I never got the MMR. I got measles instead. There simply wasnt a measles vaccine available.

Only one of my classmates died from measles though. People forget that it's occassionally lethal.

I did get a smallpox vaccine though. You dont get that these days. Vaccination eradicated smallpox.

If repeated nationally one measles death of a school age child per class would be a huge number, particularly if the pre-school children who died were added.

The TB bacteria and polio virus were considered the biggest threat when "I were a lad". 

We were in a TB hotspot and we still had annual TB checks although. The 'herd immunity' of the polio  vaccine had already kicked in.

We had an isolated case of typhus was mistakenly reported nationally as typhoid  which meant we needed medical letters to travel abroad

The so called 'risks' of the vaccination pale into insignificance when you consider the possible complications of measles. It's not just a rash - it can cause ear infection, laryngitis, pneumonia and croup, and at the extreme end of the complications (although rare) meningitis, encepahalitis, blindness and even death.

Why would you put your child at risk of any of the above - however mild.

Can anyone tell me ?

Edited by Daven

I do hope that this is not too far off topic.

In the future it may be possible to immunise against getting certain types of cancer.

A major obstacle to be overcome in the successful treatment of cancer,is the mopping up of the cancer cells that get away after chemo,surgery and radiotherapy.When that is achieved it will be a major advance in the treatment of cancer.

I imagine the anti-vaccination people, will have a whole host of objections to raise against vaccines being used in the battle against cancer.

" preventing up to half of all cancers’

If we can ever cure cancer completely – that is an open question which I cannot answer. We have a good chance of drastically reducing the incidence of cancers, but what we see at present is that the incidence, or occurrence, of cancer is increasing globally.

The mortality of cancer patients is slightly decreasing, but the increase in incidence is not compensated by the decrease in mortality. There are still a large number of cases coming up every year, and if we really want to do something against cancer in the future, we need to stop the increase.

We know there are a number of cancer risk factors that can be avoided. At this moment, we also know of about 20% of cancers where infections are involved. We can not only effectively immunise patients against these types of cancer, but virtually eradicate it, in particular Hepatitis B (a cause of liver cancer) and Human Papillomavirus (which Prof. zur Hausen discovered is linked to cervical cancer) where we have vaccines that are presently available. "

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/will-we-ever-cure-cancer.html

Edited by petemcewan