Black Swan landlord in the '60s?

Hi who was the landlord of the black swan in the 60s the name steeples keeps coming to mind x

That's the man,I used to remember him when in the Swan the beer which was horrid to put it mildly wasn,t moving fast enough for him loading up the waitresses trays with full pints and instructing them to circulate the room and sell them pronto!.I frequented most pubs in town back in the day but I only went in the Black Swan when forced by peer pressure,the beer and clientele were not to my liking!.

ghghghgcbgjhn

Edited by EdmundH
spelling mistake

Was that the big guy? Somewhat overwieght, always talking and laughing, sometimes even loud?

That's him EdmundH he was a porker alright must have been 20stone at least to give him his due he was always smartly dressed and worked hard at his job!.Just remembered one time standing at the bar behind a loud talking bloke with dyed blonde hair buying drinks and chatting up a female,he spent a fair sum on her over an hour and bragged to his pal with him what he was going to do to her!.I could have saved him a fortune if I informed him she was one of the local hookers in the Swan,but he was a bit of a bighead so I didn,t!.He was the father of Cherie Blaire the son in law on the tv comedy with Alf Garnett I forget the title!.

hghghgjjmmmmmmmmm

Edited by EdmundH

Terry Steeples the father of Anthony Booth? Never, in fact I believe Anthony Booth is older than Terry Steeples if Mr Booth is still alive.

One thing that is correct , Terry Steeples was loud and pig headed.

PS. Just re-read old tups post, I realise now it was a man drinking at the bar who was the father of you know who, not the father of T. Steeples.

Got that one about wrong way round.

Edited by jaffa1

fffffssssssffcccccv

Edited by EdmundH

I remember Terry Steeples when he was the manager of the Essoldo Cinema in Rotherham. This would be in 1961. His wife was a real good looker.

Terry was a good pub manager who always put on some really good acts. I saw Joe Cocker, Mungo Jerry, lots of others. I am I right in remembering live acts there at lunchtimes as well?

---------- Post added 08-02-2016 at 17:16 ----------

Didnt Terry Steeples open the Mulberry in about 1975?

Yes, the beer was crap, but he was a brilliant landlord - put some great entertainment on and very well-known bands.

Yes, the beer was crap, but he was a brilliant landlord - put some great entertainment on and very well-known bands.

And his Sunday lunch time entertainment was not to be sniffed at.