Time now mr Adkins to go

Sacking the manager is not working at the lane it's just getting worse.

No one could succeed with the constraints on the manager there big talk from the money men but all **** and wind.

Sacking the manager is not working at the lane it's just getting worse.

No one could succeed with the constraints on the manager there big talk from the money men but all **** and wind.

What guarantee is money going to give?............we've spent thousands on Sharpe and Brayford while Gillingham have brought in 7 frees and 2 loans and got to challenge for autiomatic.

really harsh to sack manager when its clear its the Blades board that's the biggest problem .

im sure loan signings and free transfers will be coming in nxt wk or so

really harsh to sack manager when its clear its the Blades board that's the biggest problem .

im sure loan signings and free transfers will be coming in nxt wk or so

How is it the boards fault that the manager can't keep the team he inherited in a play off place where it was when he took over?...........He's not been asked to split the atom here,he's a supposedly experienced manager operating in the third tier,we're not asking him to turn out a team to beat Barcelona every week

How is it the boards fault that the manager can't keep the team he inherited in a play off place where it was when he took over?...........He's not been asked to split the atom here,he's a supposedly experienced manager operating in the third tier,we're not asking him to turn out a team to beat Barcelona every week

Operation blades v barcelona 3 years ! ;)

I've long said that mccabe is behind everything thats wrong at the lane and been roundly slated on here for it, selling good players at key times and replacing them with either no one or sub-standard players, managerial appopintments, the Ched Evans saga etc etc, clueless.

United sold Harry Maguire over a season and a half ago never adequately replaced hin and have suffered in defence ever since and what the hell was that "takeover" nonsense all about.

I've long said that mccabe is behind everything thats wrong at the lane and been roundly slated on here for it, selling good players at key times and replacing them with either no one or sub-standard players, managerial appopintments, the Ched Evans saga etc etc, clueless.

United sold Harry Maguire over a season and a half ago never adequately replaced hin and have suffered in defence ever since and what the hell was that "takeover" nonsense all about.

It just looks like a ploy to save face and keep the fans happy, increase sales etc ?

40 plus players at the club and the manager can't find any combination of all those to put together a convincing run at even a play off place,while we are a few points ahead of a number of clubs who's team probably picks itself every week and who are operating on a budget not much bigger than some peoples beer money for a weekend.The whole thing about the board not backing managers is a red herring,they have been backed and they chose what players they wanted in.........Nigel Clough even brought in a centre half and chose not only to not play him,but to get rid of him.Adkins chose not to strengthen the defence,but to spend money on Woolford,who,on the strength of what he has said,he must rate higher than any of the dozen midfield players we have/had at the club,and Sammon....a move he saw backfire on the opening day,when Gillingham scored 4,plus he chose to give everyone a chance instead of wheeling and dealing players in and out of the club to fit in with his own vision of what a successful promotion challenging team should look like...........a move which has resulted in the football equivalent of rowing around a boating lake with one oar for more than half a season.

We did replace Maguire with a better defender, Brayford, at considerable cost - unfortunately he spent a lot of the time out injured... And if the rest of the defence are playing like muppets, there's only so much he can do.

We've got too many of the bit part players Clough brought in still there, plus those Adkins added which haven't exactly sparkled.

Automatics have long gone, even the playoffs look a mile away with the current group - there are players easily good enough at this level, but they just don't seem to have any consistency or backbone when it matters.

When we fail to make the playoffs, and if the owners do decide to change manager again, I would rather we stop looking for 'name' managers like Clough, Adkins... And look for someone to gut the current staff - with a fishknife if needed! - and just bring in someone that will work exclusively to bring through the youngsters and play them regularly in the team, and if it takes a few years to gel, so be it, with a sprinkling of wise heads to help them learn.

The chopping and changing of managers, who then bring in dozens of their ex players, just doesn't seem to work.

I think Chris Morgan could've been the man to do this, but again shooting ourselves in the foot by sidelining him, and then he felt he had to leave.

Edited by sheff71

Tough times down in S2 and yet they came so close to promotion last season.

Not sure a change of manager is the best solution just yet but NA is obviously under intense pressure and scrutiny right now.

Ive not seen much of utd this season,apart from the cuptie.

If he goes,Justin Edinburgh looks to me to be a manager who has the midas touch,hes done great things with two very average clubs in Newport and the Gills,but then he was under little pressure as expectations at those two clubs wasnt very high,whereas in S2 they would only settle for sucsess,would that brief blow his noodle? Only he knows.

Edited by staninoodle

The manager always gets the brunt of it but in this case it is behind the scenes which is a fault. Shoes off ?

did united fans protest in the carpark waving their shoes or was i dreaming it?

i was saying to a couple of unitedites at work about it,and they looked at me strange and said they aint heard about it

did united fans protest in the carpark waving their shoes or was i dreaming it?

i was saying to a couple of unitedites at work about it,and they looked at me strange and said they aint heard about it

Yes it happened lol :hihi:

They were all waving there shoes in the air :hihi: