Does anyone have an old Vauxhall Viva?

Hello, I am looking for anyone who may have a running and show worthy Vauxhall Viva that would like to display their car, possibly next to a spanking brand new model Vauxhall Viva.

The event is at the RSPCA SHEFFIELD ANIMAL CENTRE, Attercliffe S9, on March 19th 2016. If anyone has a Vauxhall Viva, and they would like to find out more details, please PM me.

Thanks

There was a viva hc at the lowedges car festival last year. It was a 72 or 73 4 door in good condition. I've got happy memories of driving my dads old viva soon after I passed my test, by then it was twelve years old and a b**** to start, thankfully bump starting and Sheffield hills went hand in hand.

Hello Jon,

I too had a Vauxhall Viva, and I loved that car until the back end fell off. Long story short, when they were doing the road works on Heeley Bridge and we had that raised hump bit, I went over the ridge a little too fast and the leaf springs met the rear bumper. Best day of my life hearing that amazing snapping sound of metal. Not like now, where you only hear the tiny impact of plastics and fibre glass. Is there a Vauxhall Viva club?

I remember "helping" my Dad replace the springs on his. The engine needed reconditioning at around 50k miles. Easy to work on with plenty of space under the bonnet.

If I remember right I think it was £805 on 1st jan 1972 from Bentley Brothers on Saville Street. No radio or temp gauge of course. My Dad liked it because he could get his fishing rods diagonally across the inside of the boot, come to think of it that what was one of his main criteria :)