Keeping up with the Khans, Thursday 9pm on Ch4

This weeks episode was really entertaining. A Slovakian lad had aspirations of being a X factor winner, with the asian shopkeeper acting as his mentor. Their positive attitude was unshakable.

Then the lady who complained about loud music played from cars, only for her friend to drive past doing exactly that.

Entertaining? Yes, but there were also some very serious issues.

As people have already said, the litter and third world squalor was appalling.

And the unlawful working for very low wages, undercutting the minimum wage, drives down wages for all, and makes a mockery of our employment laws.

Very unsatisfactory for everyone.

Edited by Anna B

The littering is absolutely disgraceful. The council put sweepers on nearly every day and it looks acceptable at best early morning. By 5pm it's a tip . 95% of the litter is from the shops selling pop and sweets. It's in the trees and woods and gardens of every house on the main road through.

We are all paying towards this additional wasted clean up with our council tax it's simply outrageous they are never fined or taken to task. Seriously Sheffield council, put a pair of wardens there to fine them for litter and parking offences outside the shops. You'll make a fortune. They will stop eventually .

The littering is absolutely disgraceful. The council put sweepers on nearly every day and it looks acceptable at best early morning. By 5pm it's a tip . 95% of the litter is from the shops selling pop and sweets. It's in the trees and woods and gardens of every house on the main road through.

We are all paying towards this additional wasted clean up with our council tax it's simply outrageous they are never fined or taken to task. Seriously Sheffield council, put a pair of wardens there to fine them for litter and parking offences outside the shops. You'll make a fortune. They will stop eventually .

the wardens are there , I know them personally , unfortunately so do the culprits & they tend not to do it in their presence ..... but they can't be everywhere all of the time , as soon as their back is turned - you know the rest !

I can't really understand why they do it. Don't they want to live in a place that looks nice and clean? Would more public litter bins help? And a short course in environmental awareness...?

I can't really understand why they do it. Don't they want to live in a place that looks nice and clean? Would more public litter bins help? And a short course in environmental awareness...?

I agree with your post. Why would the residents of Page Hall want to live in an area so untidy and litter strewn, that this is the first thing you notice when driving through.

I agree with your post. Why would the residents of Page Hall want to live in an area so untidy and litter strewn, that this is the first thing you notice when driving through.

It's unfortunately just a way of life for some. Have a quick Google of 'lunik 9' and all will become clear.

He was the landlord! Glad he is not my landlord

I can understand why people cannot work pending the home office processing the asylum application. I cannot understand why people are not allowed to study during this time though - seems a waste not to let people to do free courses eg English at this time

English is a dead language, much like Latin:D

The recent issues in and around Page Hall have been fairly well documented, so I wasn't surprised. Interesting hearing the Pakistani man comment on the twelve year old boy owning a house with no mortgage. I don't think there are many children in that situation!

i am sure there are many in that situation as its clearly a tax dodge:suspect:

One man owns 6 houses in Page Hall. So it must be worthwhile buying, even if it is for members of his family. His other option is to rent to members of his community. Who says there isn't money to be made there?

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Popcorn at the ready....Here we go.:D

Got Gotham and death in paradise in the planner. If they haven't recorded I'm sure there's a blank wall to stare at instead. ;);)

Got Gotham and death in paradise in the planner. If they haven't recorded I'm sure there's a blank wall to stare at instead. ;);)

Well, i wont be watching that tripe again.

Think the guy bought 6 houses for about 30k each it said.

The police made me laugh when they told the lad with the patchy skin tell the lads we have our eye on them instead of getting off their arse and giving them a talking to themselves,when I was a lad we pooed ourselves when the bobby got hold of us.

Edited by ukdobby