Keeping up with the Khans, Thursday 9pm on Ch4

Can't we let Haider stay, and deport "Monkey"? Or Bert? I liked the sympathetic view of asylum seekers for a change, but it didn't make us Sheffielders look thick :hihi:

Like that big fat Wednesday fan?

What was wrong with what he said ?

He got it spot on . Hit the nail on the head.

Like that big fat Wednesday fan?

:huh:

Was he a Wednesday fan?

I thought he was just a local with no dress sense! ;)

According to this program it takes years before the home office get around to dealing with their asylum status. While waiting they can't work or study.

The government wants to get its finger out.:rant:

That's just what I thought. Ridiculous situation. Wonder what it's like in other countries?

I liked Omar and was glad he got it sorted. I hope they go back to him so we can see how he gets on over his 5 years. Wonder if he'll ever get to be an aero engineer, or even a pilot!

That's just what I thought. Ridiculous situation. Wonder what it's like in other countries?

I liked Omar and was glad he got it sorted. I hope they go back to him so we can see how he gets on over his 5 years. Wonder if he'll ever get to be an aero engineer, or even a pilot!

What did you think about his 'free' apprenticeship, given your views on this topic?

What did you think about his 'free' apprenticeship, given your views on this topic?

That's an interesting question.

I'm not sure if he had no choice in the matter of taking the job or what he was actually 'paid', but the fact remains that if it results in him being offered a full-time paid job at some stage in the future, then you can bet that there will be people 'objecting' as to why an asylum seeker has been given a job and they haven't.

At no point will they want to hear that he has spent 'months'(?) working for next to nothing while they have spent the same time being happy to stay in bed till Kyle time. :|

Funniest part was where the 'landlord' (?) was asked about the whereabouts of a city where 80% of residents were British. 'Try Benidorm.'

Not wishing to hijack a thread but does anyone know where the thread 'Should Hallam be doing more ....' has gone to?

Well let's see if Anna responds, I hope she does. I'm not sure how she will.

I'm not sure if he had no choice in the matter of taking the job or what he was actually 'paid', but the fact remains that if it results in him being offered a full-time paid job at some stage in the future, then you can bet that there will be people 'objecting' as to why an asylum seeker has been given a job and they haven't.

At no point will they want to hear that he has spent 'months'(?) working for next to nothing while they have spent the same time being happy to stay in bed till Kyle time. :|

Bold: Without a doubt.

Underlined: Yep.

-

I expect the response from the usual lot in here will be on about proper jobs/ZHC/NMW etc.

just managed to watch this, oh my god, doesnt sheffield look bad?? the portrayal of the sheffielders was appaling are there really people like that here? nice girl in the street sounding as thick as two short planks!! dont know about the other asylum seekers but the Omar Guy seemed pretty ok and the type that should be acceptable here hardworker, polite and trying to get on, not the usual scroungers like the Roma which i am sure will be in the next episode!

That Julie with the flea bites looks familiar, I wonder if she was brought up on Greenland Road?

That Julie with the flea bites looks familiar, I wonder if she was brought up on Greenland Road?

she sounded lovely bringing various men over from the internet by the sounds of her was it free or was she charging, made my skin crawl:gag:

Not impressed so far. Apparently if you are white and live in Sheffield you are thick, drunk and ignorant.

I'm afraid that about sums it up perfectly, thick, drunk and ignorant. Where on earth did they get those ghastly people in football shirts and rough arse's that were interviewed.

Why does football have to be brought into everything, it was absolutely nothing to do with football, yet we hear numerous references to Sheffield Wednesday?