HSBC Bank, Chapeltown, closure

I cannot stress how much I hate HSBC. I find their staff to be rude and un-helpful. After a very long and stressful experience with them, I finally managed to close my account with them. I am much happier now with Nationwide. :D I guess customers vote with their feet. Obviously their attitude hasn't been welcomed in this case.

Which branch? One all all of them?

If it's Chapeltown, Stockbridge or Penistone, then we know why these are closing :D

Which branch? One all all of them?

I tend to find that sloppiness and bad attitude in one branch is a sign of the same in all branches. Take EE for example, their staff on Fargate are rude and bad-mannered, with no pride in their appearance. I've also noticed the same in Crystal Peaks EE and also in EE in Birmingham and Leicester!

Edited by JBFox
Editorial Reasons

I tend to find that sloppiness and bad attitude in one branch is a sign of the same in all branches. Take EE for example, their staff on Fargate are rude and bad-mannered, with no pride in their appearance. I've also noticed the same in Crystal Peaks EE and also in EE in Birmingham and Leicester!

Who are you with now?

Who are you with now?

I'm still with them!! They won't even let me in their shop anymore so I have to ring up customer services who are a joke!! The contract ends in November then I can't wait to join a proper network like Vodaphone!

Cheque?!? Who on earth does he work for? Cheques are being phased out and rapidly, there will no be no cheques from October 2018, so whichever seeming shower he works for will have to get at least up to 1980s level of technology within 2 years...

Cheques are not being phased out, although yes they really ought to be a more convenient way to be paid these days...

HSBC Meadowhall is all automated. Just machines in the wall. There's no one to ask if you have a problem.

Just awful.

I refuse to do business with a company that thinks profits are more important than good staff and customers.

See you and raise you "Cheques get reprieve as banks forced into U-turn"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cheques-get-reprieve-as-banks-forced-into-u-turn-2312625.html

AHHHHHHH! Didn't see that one. I'm not surprised by that u-turn, but quite saddened. Why are some people so terrified of electronic payments? :(

AHHHHHHH! Didn't see that one. I'm not surprised by that u-turn, but quite saddened. Why are some people so terrified of electronic payments? :(

I don't like electronic payments because if you get a number wrong in the account number, you can't tell that anything's out of the ordinary but your money is now in the wrong account.

I don't like electronic payments because if you get a number wrong in the account number, you can't tell that anything's out of the ordinary but your money is now in the wrong account.

But cheques don't get checked either...you can pay those into the wrong account too and it's gone. Or you could lose your wallet and all your cash...electronic banking has far more safety checks than anything else.

It's still annoying for some though.

Almost all of my work is cash payments, so I still need a bank to go to.

Fair point - never been paid that way. Always been by BACS.