HSBC Bank, Chapeltown, closure

I haven't had occasion to actually go into my bank for the last nine years!...Maybe that's because it's in Torquay in Devon! :hihi:

Isn't there one in Stocksbridge still??

Does the Meadowhall one eve offer counter service all the time or only during the week?

Banks have been closing for years and especially now as we go digital and cashless/contactless. I've not needed to personally to visit my bank less than 10 times over the last 5 years. I can do almost anything online or by phone apart from deposit cash/cheques.

Then again we had a Santander branch close in town. But there are still way too many branches from what I can see.

HSBC = Highly Suspect Banking Conduct.

HSBC = High Street Branches Closed.

There are still branches at/in:

Deepcar

Penistone

Meadowhall

Hillsborough

Darnall

Fargate

Broomhill

Ecclesall Road

Woodseats

Crystal Peaks

Everything's digital these days :)

Deepcar

Penistone

Meadowhall

Hillsborough

Darnall

Fargate

Broomhill

Ecclesall Road

Woodseats

Crystal Peaks

According to post 3 of this thread Penistone is closing also.

I get paid in Bitcoins - they're less popular in shops than Scottish fivers

My son gets paid weekly by cheque. He will have to change banks now as he doesn't necessarily go to Meadowhall or Town on a weekly basis. Such an inconvenience, not a driver, paid his cheque in every Friday.

Cheque?!? Who on earth does he work for? Cheques are being phased out and rapidly, there will no be no cheques from October 2018, so whichever seeming shower he works for will have to get at least up to 1980s level of technology within 2 years...

Cheque?!? Who on earth does he work for? Cheques are being phased out and rapidly, there will no be no cheques from October 2018, so whichever seeming shower he works for will have to get at least up to 1980s level of technology within 2 years...

I quite glad about that tbh, I've not seen my cheque book in about 10 years, god knows where it's gone.

Deepcar

Penistone

Meadowhall

Hillsborough

Darnall

Fargate

Broomhill

Ecclesall Road

Woodseats

Crystal Peaks

Never been a branch in Deepcar, and Stocksbridge closed years ago. Penistone closure also announced this week.

Does anyone know if the staff have been made redundant or redeployed to other branches at Meadowhall, Town etc?

I cannot stress how much I hate HSBC. I find their staff to be rude and un-helpful. After a very long and stressful experience with them, I finally managed to close my account with them. I am much happier now with Nationwide. :D I guess customers vote with their feet. Obviously their attitude hasn't been welcomed in this case.