HSBC Bank, Chapeltown, closure

HSBC Bank in Chapeltown will be opening their doors for the last time on the 29th April closing at 2.30 p.m. Nearest branch Meadowhall. All them from Chapeltown what will the next business be? I am going to start off with hairdressers ..... No ...... Sandwich shop!!!!!! What do you think?

HSBC Bank in Chapeltown will be opening their doors for the last time on the 29th April closing at 2.30 p.m. Nearest branch Meadowhall. All them from Chapeltown what will the next business be? I am going to start off with hairdressers ..... No ...... Sandwich shop!!!!!! What do you think?

Banks have been closing for years and especially now as we go digital and cashless/contactless. I've not needed to personally to visit my bank less than 10 times over the last 5 years. I can do almost anything online or by phone apart from deposit cash/cheques.

Penistone HSBC is going the same way, end of April. What's going on I wonder.

Angel1.

Penistone HSBC is going the same way, end of April. What's going on I wonder.

Practically every major bank has closed or sold off a branch in the Sheffield area in the last year. Don't expect this to stop, these days I only go into banks to confirm my identity and make large transactions.

Dying trade banks as most people do things online or through a atm

My son gets paid weekly by cheque. He will have to change banks now as he doesn't necessarily go to Meadowhall or Town on a weekly basis. Such an inconvenience, not a driver, paid his cheque in every Friday.

My son gets paid weekly by cheque. He will have to change banks now as he doesn't necessarily go to Meadowhall or Town on a weekly basis. Such an inconvenience, not a driver, paid his cheque in every Friday.

You can deposit cheques at the post office instead, but you need to get personalised paying in slips from the bank.

Banks have been closing for years and especially now as we go digital and cashless/contactless. I've not needed to personally to visit my bank less than 10 times over the last 5 years. I can do almost anything online or by phone apart from deposit cash/cheques.

It's still annoying for some though.

Almost all of my work is cash payments, so I still need a bank to go to.

It's still annoying for some though.

Almost all of my work is cash payments, so I still need a bank to go to.

With HSBC you can pay cash in at post offices, all you need is your bank card. It normally clears the next working day I believe.

With HSBC you can pay cash in at post offices, all you need is your bank card. It normally clears the next working day I believe.

I'm not with HSBC.

I'm not with HSBC.

Sorry, your message sounded to me like you were affected by the closure. In any case you can do the same with a lot of banks.

I'm not surprised - if anything I'm amazed they have stayed open for so long. People rarely go to banks like they used to. I pay in cheques etc at the post office up the road in Burncross because it's easier to park and pop in.

I hope they look after their staff, that's all.

Not sure what it will be though! I'd love a proper florists :-)