Masonry paint decorating advice

I live in an old victorian house with stone exterior window sills. The paint is white and flaking, I'd like to spruce it up and have seen a lovely grey colour I think would look nice. Has anyone attempted to paint the front of their house themselves? Is it harder than it sounds? I'm pretty confident with my decorating skills inside but wondered if outside is a much bigger task? Any top tips to help with the prep before I start? Would I sand down the old paint or buy some kind of outdoor filler? Thanks in advance :)

hi speak to mick mitchell or paul of p and d they the pro's ta jeff

Always remove old flaking paint either completely or to a sound or solid edge,fill any cracks,holes with a exterior filler.fill any joints to window frame or wall area with mastic.seal any defective areas then apply at least two full coats of finish

Always remove old flaking paint either completely or to a sound or solid edge,fill any cracks,holes with a exterior filler.fill any joints to window frame or wall area with mastic.seal any defective areas then apply at least two full coats of finish

Without looking at the job and what Turks head has already said, that sounds about the best way to go about it. Unless you do end up getting a decorator in to do the job, he'd sooner call out to see you and give you advice on the best method.