David Bowie mural in Sheffield

How can you call it an amazing piece of work when it doesn't look anything like Bowie? There are many artists who could have painted that mural and actually made it look like him.

Yet they didn't, at least this guy tried.

Bowie would love it.

I think it's brilliant.

Well done mate

The funny thing is he even forgot Bowie's most famous feature! He had different coloured eyes one blue one green. But fair play to fella for having a go.

Frankly I think its awful.

Does not look like him or catch his personality.

There was a David Bowie mural in that place in the past I'm sure.

To be fare to the artist of this new one, it looks like he's done it straight on to the wall "freehand" rather than doing a graph or using a projector, which is what most professional mural painters do.

It used to be Jagger I think.

Pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a portrait, I think people ought to check his usual stuff out before slating him as an artist

It`s a very successful piece of art; lots of people are discussing it. Job done!

Yet they didn't, at least this guy tried.

What if i tried? Someone who has little artistic merit. People would be up in arms calling in vandalism. If someone is to paint a large mural on a public street they should at least have the artistic talent to be able to make a portrait look like the subject.

The funny thing is he even forgot Bowie's most famous feature! He had different coloured eyes one blue one green. But fair play to fella for having a go.

that's not true.

Looks nothing like him

Yep its nothing like him but it still looks good. Besides which the shop has given permission so its not even a graffiti problem. Who cares it looks good.

im a bowie fan and i think its great, people making out they dont know who it is yeah ok