Council Housing (Repairs)

Been trying to get through on the phone to the council repair dep for an elderly relative. Does anyone know whats going on? They only seem to answer to emergency repairs, that's if they answer at all.

Busy???? Can't you log repairs online now as well as phone so maybe worth using that

Busy???? Can't you log repairs online now as well as phone so maybe worth using that

worth a try online..if you book appointmrnt they still might not stick to it..i booked a repair online friday for the afternoon of 22nd feb

they came saturday morning and phoned me wondering where i was lol ?????

we have been having the some problems with them and ours is an emergancy we have a major leak comeing from a top floor flat in our ground floor flat and my partner has had an electric shock from a light switch and we have gone trough all the correct channels to get this sorted and all the they have done in 3 days is send out an electrician to cut the light switches to the bedroom and kitchen and part of our wall that seperates the two rome is badly dameged due to the water but the council dont seem to care so we have had to contact our local MP today to try and get something done about it

we have been having the some problems with them and ours is an emergancy we have a major leak comeing from a top floor flat in our ground floor flat and my partner has had an electric shock from a light switch and we have gone trough all the correct channels to get this sorted and all the they have done in 3 days is send out an electrician to cut the light switches to the bedroom and kitchen and part of our wall that seperates the two rome is badly dameged due to the water but the council dont seem to care so we have had to contact our local MP today to try and get something done about it

was it kier you was actually dealing with..they are a right set of fob offs...get in touch with a council inspector...sorry i cant find phone number for you...i did and the..... hit then fan

The plumber finally came out today ( I'm Mikeybear's partner ) but he can't do anything until he can get in touch with the tennent who lives above me, whos flat is also flooded. The Kier plumber tried phoning him but his phone is switched off. We've done all we can do for now, meanwhile the water damage is getting worse every minuet and the bedroom carpet is like a swimming pool. we're have to put black bags down aswell as towels.. I'm ready to tear my hair out:loopy:

The plumber finally came out today ( I'm Mikeybear's partner ) but he can't do anything until he can get in touch with the tennent who lives above me, whos flat is also flooded. The Kier plumber tried phoning him but his phone is switched off. We've done all we can do for now, meanwhile the water damage is getting worse every minuet and the bedroom carpet is like a swimming pool. we're have to put black bags down aswell as towels.. I'm ready to tear my hair out:loopy:

Wow! I really feel sorry for you as this is terrible. You would have thought the law would have been changed by now so as the police could enter the flat above as an emergency. I hope you sort this out soon and good luck.

Wow! I really feel sorry for you as this is terrible. You would have thought the law would have been changed by now so as the police could enter the flat above as an emergency. I hope you sort this out soon and good luck.

Landlord can enter flat in an emergency. In case of council flats that would be council representative?

Council plumber maybe?

4 days on we still trying to get people to sort it ad we have had to contact the local MP about who is going to wright a firm letter to them demanding something is done next step we are going to take is by going to the news papers about it