The PMQ's thread

It's back.

Corbyn's asking about housing.

I think his question went something like this, "what is the PM going to do about the desperate lack of housing in our Country" might not be his exact words but the meaning is roughly the same.

Given that Corbyn's question is quite a valid one, where are we going to house all the migrants that are flooding here. Seems a valid question.

Angel1.

Me too. I sometimes think PMQs is a waste of time anyway, as a straight question never gets a straight answer, in fact usually no answer at all.

Can you actually remember hearing the answers to any of those questions Eric?

The trouble is we live in an age where generally the questions are designed by the spin doctors to trip up who ever has to answer them, and the media are all to happy to change the context of the answer to fit into whatever narrative they're running with.

Didn't see it today. Probably be some of it on Newsnight or some such.

I really hate how it's edited whenever they show bits on the News. Then the Newsreaders talk over much of it so you can't hear it anyway.

You have a point.

I liked Jeremy Corbyn's original idea of being more civlized, but he does come across as deadly dull. And his politeness means he refuses to be nasty to bully boy Cameron. As well as making Corbyn look weak, if ever a politician needed his massive ego puncturing big time with a well placed metaphorical dagger, it's Cameron.

I know you don't want to hear this but Corbyn isn't up to it. He's an academic under achiever and didn't even pass his course in Tade Union Studies. His entire working life has been spent in trade unions or failing to make the grade as a politician. I doubt he has enough oil in his lamp to put Cameron on the spot.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 15:53 ----------

I'm fed up hearing about how apparently most people are turned off PMQ's because of its loud rowdiness. Bull. I can't think of anything more boring than a load of MP's politely and quietly disagreeing with one another.

I think they should give them a free bar for 2 or 3 hours before the session starts.

Im afraid that on this forum if Cameron was proved to be Christ returned and granted everyone eternal life and a daily free cake, they would not be satisfied.

He is a pragmatic and effective PM, not the best, certainly not the worst and is a safe pair of hands in difficult times.

Im afraid that on this forum if Cameron was proved to be Christ returned and granted everyone eternal life and a daily free cake, they would not be satisfied.

He is a pragmatic and effective PM, not the best, certainly not the worst and is a safe pair of hands in difficult times.

That's my general view Alan. He's a teeny bit boring as a PM and I like boring PM's who don't want to change the world overnight.

Cameron speaks well at pmq but is a really poor PM beneath the bluster. Not so much as a politician more the entire tory ideology is corrupt.

I know you don't want to hear this but Corbyn isn't up to it. He's an academic under achiever and didn't even pass his course in Tade Union Studies. His entire working life has been spent in trade unions or failing to make the grade as a politician. I doubt he has enough oil in his lamp to put Cameron on the spot.

You could be right. I'm still giving him a chance, but I am unimpressed with his performance at PMQs.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 20:40 ----------

I think they should give them a free bar for 2 or 3 hours before the session starts.

:hihi: Great idea. I'd watch that.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 15:53 ----------

Oh dear, I dread to think what would happened to the country if Corbyn did win the next general election.

Love the bit about the free bar, it could be the makings of a brilliant politican.

Cameron speaks well at pmq but is a really poor PM beneath the bluster. ...

I believe what's going on at the moment is the Tories are awash with money and they are spending a fortune on media coaching. They practice with media advisors for hours about how to look good when speaking and have everything very carefully rehearsed. A bit like Blair used to do but more advanced.

Meanwhile Labour have not been doing this and are trying to do their best by winging it and it comes across as amateurish in comparison.

This is why Osbourne refused to be on camera with John McDonnell (Shadow Chancellor) on Andrew Marr's Show this morning. He would have had every segment carefully planned about what points to make and in what order.

As usual with Osbourne a lot of nasty rumours about what is going to be in the budget have been leaked to the press. But surprise surprise when the Budget Statement is given, those nasty things won't be there and some unexpected giveaways will make the headlines.

I've been an avid viewer of PMQ's for many a year (mostly via the Daily Politics) and don't mind the rough and tumble, but, now and again, would appreciate a less grandstanding sister programme of PMA's.

'The Daily Politics' usually does an analysis of PMQ's just after 12.30pm. investigating what's been said and what the situation really is.

It comes out with some interesting observations.