Sheffield named as one of the 'happiest places to work in UK'

According to business psychologists, Sheffield has been named the 6th 'happiest city to work in, in the UK'.

One of the participants said:

‘People are friendly, it’s a small, community-feel city – but with plenty of arts and culture and a diverse variety of different jobs. There’s also a lot of independent businesses here – which I think makes people happier as they are pursuing their personal ambitions.’

http://www.theguardian.com/careers/gallery/2016/feb/02/the-10-happiest-cities-to-work-in-the-uk-in-pictures

Do you agree? Or do you think that it only appears to be happy to others as they've never read Sheffield Forum :hihi:

Yes, generally I'd agree.

However, we've been hit very hard by the recession, and still haven't recovered. So it's a case of, if you have a decent job, you're one of the lucky ones.

Love sheff and the people.

Wish there was more opportunity.

---------- Post added 02-02-2016 at 22:55 ----------

Yes, generally I'd agree.

However, we've been hit very hard by the recession, and still haven't recovered. So it's a case of, if you have a decent job, you're one of the lucky ones.

Yes. If you are lucky to have a decent paying job you can live very well.

Takes more than luck.

I enjoy living and working in Sheffield, and I've worked in many places around the world.

Yes, I would agree with that have lived in the area since 1989 and always been happy here.

I knew several people with decent jobs who have passed away due to health or accident.

I also know people who don't have a decent job.

Who is the lucky one?

Do you agree?

Definitely not .....

Well where I work that is

My contract came to an end last Friday. I was supposed to be able to go on in the job as long as I wanted it, but at the last minute they decided it would be one of the jobs they cut to save money.

It wasn't a great job, but better than none at all. For the previous three years I'd been offered nothing but temporary roles and I thought I was finally getting somewhere. That 'somewhere' has ended up being the Job Centre to sign on.

Norwich at #1. Can't say I disagree with that.

:)

I think it also came top in another recent survey of the best place to raise kids (Sheffield was second or third).

Love going back to visit, but does feel slightly like a backwater compared to Sheffield (which is not surprising considering it's location and what a nightmare it is to get to).

On the plus side, shopping is much better than Sheffield and it's also within half an hour of the coast.

A really nice list. I've lived and / or worked in a number of towns on there and would agree its a good choice.

Touchwood, I think it is not living up to the name for you.