City Taxis to close accounts for disabled

I just read that Yes 2 Ventures use the Govt's Work Programme which forces unemployed and disabled people into often unsuitable work.

Hi manwithaview, I can only say that the support drivers I know enjoy their job,turn up on time with a smile on their faces & speak to their passengers in a kind ,friendly way.Which is why Yes 2Ventures being more than an ordinary ' taxi company' they do go the extra mile.

Regards

Shebba

^^^^ I second this.

Family member uses their services daily. Never has any problems. Always on time, well organised and easily adjusted when last minute things crop up.

Don't get sucked in the point scoring workfare nonsense. Not every placement has been "unsuitable" just the handful the media choose to report on.

Many placements are very successful. I have seen with my own eyes how such a scheme has placed previously ignored learning disability adults out working in mainstream society like everyone else.

Good, but do they only take 'volunteers' or are people co-erced?, this is important, imo.

So what was the reason for scrapping these accounts then? I still cant make out what reason City are giving.

So what was the reason for scrapping these accounts then? I still cant make out what reason City are giving.

foxy lady probably summed it up.

It's nothing to do with 'disabled' as the thread title implies, or manview's bizarre post#22. Personal accounts in any business tend to be harder to have guaranteed money payments.

If anyone in here ran a business, and you had 4 accounts...

1. NHS

2. Sainsbury's

3. Sheffield Council

4. 'honest' *_ash_*

if all 4 of these were raking up debts, which of these 4 would you start limiting credit with? Anyone? It's most likely after a couple of late payments, you would cut me out because I'm not worth the hassle.

I don't know how 2 and 3 operate, but I do know how the NHS work with all of their accounts. It's enough to eat up any small business. You have to have enough credit for vast sums of money.

I just read that Yes 2 Ventures use the Govt's Work Programme which forces unemployed and disabled people into often unsuitable work.

So these unemployed and disabled people are driving taxis to earn there benefits?

Edited by Tim1

I've noticed the name change at the office near Asda Middlewood road/Leppings Lane

from Excel to Union tel 2465577.

The phone number is different too , has any one heard of this company and are they any good?

I think im the only person that thinks this is a great idea.

I've noticed the name change at the office near Asda Middlewood road/Leppings Lane

from Excel to Union tel 2465577.

The phone number is different too , has any one heard of this company and are they any good?

I thought Union had been around for years. Excel is at Lane Top in the old RD office.

Edited by *_ash_*
RD not DB

I thought Union had been around for years. Excel is at Lane Top in the old RD office.

I know Excel main office is at Lane Top but they also had an office at Middlewood that now seems to have changed to Union Cabs.

I must admit I've never heard of Union Cabs but I'm willing to give them a try.

Anyone around S9/s2/s1/s4/s13 should try Express they have been around for years and one of the very few that wouldn't be taken in by the city bandwagon. They are only a smallish company but are friendly reliable and would be happy to set up accounts for any disabled clients just give them a call 01142430430 or 01142440440 :hihi: