City Taxis to close accounts for disabled

Lots of other people have pointed out that through the City Taxi app you can store debit card details and get receipts emailed straight to you or to your carer as appropriate. It's no harder to set this up than to setup an account service is it? Not defending City here, but without much effort you can still get exact same result. Unless some of your student are able to use the app?

Network taxis any good?

have used network many times never let me down always been good

just use the app and stop making mountain out of a molehill

Can it be used by blind people?

Can it be used by blind people?

Good point.

Good point.

I pick up loads of blind people. They ring up.

Has the reason why been given by City Taxis? It seems unclear from what I have read.

I pick up loads of blind people. They ring up.

But that's the problem, is that they are now having the accounts closed (it appears from the OP) and therefore they now have to carry cash and get and submit receipts whereas before they just ordered the taxi and got in it and their organisation paid. People including me suggested switching to using the app as that would mean centralised card payments and receipts once setup, but perhaps someone who is blind or has hand co-ordination or mobility issues can't use it, so we are back to square one. It would be interesting to know why City decided to close the accounts if indeed they have?

But that's the problem, is that they are now having the accounts closed (it appears from the OP) and therefore they now have to carry cash and get and submit receipts whereas before they just ordered the taxi and got in it and their organisation paid. People including me suggested switching to using the app as that would mean centralised card payments and receipts once setup, but perhaps someone who is blind or has hand co-ordination or mobility issues can't use it, so we are back to square one. It would be interesting to know why City decided to close the accounts if indeed they have?

Yes presumably this was mentioned in the email the op recieved but that bit is omitted. I am interested myself as to the reasons why? Does it have anything to do with the merger with Mercury?

Crucial Benefits slashed, losing homes due to the bedroom tax, demonised in the media, attacked in the streets(connected) now this, it will affect people who use collective facilities like getting to exercise classes funded by lottery, etc.

Who would be disabled, eh?

not a rheoterical question..

It would be interesting to know why City decided to close the accounts if indeed they have?

Its essential, DP should get in touch with the licensing authority to find out,

Lots of issues with City atm,

Nothing to do with taxis or disabled people, but the reason that we close accounts is usually due to repeated late payment or even non payment.

If anyone is looking for supported travel, can i recommend 'Yes 2 Ventures' We have been using this company for nearly 2 years & can't fault them.They try to arrange same drivers so you know who is coming & certainly go the extra mile.Please feel free to PM me if you want any further information.I am not related or have any business interest in the company just a very satisfied customer.

Regards shebba