City Taxis to close accounts for disabled

City taxis have sent out an e-mail saying that as of March 1st they are closing the accounts of "personal, funded or managed clients... including those with disabilities and/or special needs".

Considering the several hours over several months spent on trying to pay for taxis (up to £500) and getting receipts I find this "difficulty" a rather lame excuse for withdrawing support for non-contract people with disabilities.

Students with DSA need receipts for their payments in order to get reimbursed.

Any other suitable disabled friendly Taxi companies?

Seems they have got the city over a barrel. Need more independent services or uber to fully take off

I find this "difficulty" a rather lame excuse

You forgot to mention what that excuse is, though something to do with billing I assume.

You could try Apollo Taxi Sheffield.

But isn't managed accounts also business accounts? Seems a strange move.

I suspect the whole initial post is misleading

In the e-mail City Taxis say that as of March 1st they are closing the accounts of "personal, funded or managed clients". All will be closed "... including those with disabilities and/or special needs".

This does not involve contracts with schools and colleges involving children.

It does not affect businesses.

However adults who have learning, communication etc. difficulties can be awarded funds eg DSA etc. to get to and from work, training and education. To do this they open an account get an invoice pay and get a receipt for which they are refunded by DSA etc.

These accounts will no longer be available. Carrying large amounts of cash each day and managing receipts will make it very difficult for some people eg those with autism.

City taxis have sent out an e-mail saying that as of March 1st they are closing the accounts of "personal, funded or managed clients... including those with disabilities and/or special needs".

Considering the several hours over several months spent on trying to pay for taxis (up to £500) and getting receipts I find this "difficulty" a rather lame excuse for withdrawing support for non-contract people with disabilities.

Students with DSA need receipts for their payments in order to get reimbursed.

Any other suitable disabled friendly Taxi companies?

Dear Annie,

As stated in the communication, yes we are closing all accounts of personal, funded or managed clients however we are not taking your transportation away.

As documented in the communication we are still available for all your transport needs and have numerous other available options to assist you in paying for your taxis and receiving receipts.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 01142358992 to discuss this matter further. CT

Surely you can just use the City app to book and pay for the cab. Payment is made by card and it sends the receipt by email.

I cant work out if post #9 is an attempt to recover bad PR (on here) with the good citizens of Sheffield or if the OP has not understood the situation correctly.

numerous other available options to assist you in paying for your taxis and receiving receipts.

It would probably help if you explain in detail here which of these "numerous" options are appropriate for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and so on.

As hyper points out, the problem with just asking someone to telephone you is that it leaves the reader wondering whether you are just trying to hide bad publicity.

A proper explanation from you would clear the air.