Which was the first pub you ever got served in!!

crows nest / hyde park flats.

How was it? Not much out there about the Crows Nest- I think I've only ever seen one picture!

New Inn Hollinsend Road...was about 16. Then Davy sports club when I started work... at 16..... depending who was behind the bar.

I was a 16 yrold apprentice gas fitter went for christmas drinks in the raven off west st beers then vodka and orange was absolutley legless but the bloke who took me in looked after me and delivered me home to my mother.

In common with another user I bought my first alcohol at the Fox House Inn. My mates and I had been told that the landlord was flexible in his application of the licensing laws during the daytime so we caught the bus there, walked in and bought half a pint of bitter. Age 15. Within a few weeks we'd picked up the confidence to try other pubs, and for a while we became regulars on Fridays at the Scottish Queen on the Park Hill Flats by skipping P.E. in the afternoon.

In common with another user I bought my first alcohol at the Fox House Inn. My mates and I had been told that the landlord was flexible in his application of the licensing laws during the daytime so we caught the bus there, walked in and bought half a pint of bitter. Age 15. Within a few weeks we'd picked up the confidence to try other pubs, and for a while we became regulars on Fridays at the Scottish Queen on the Park Hill Flats by skipping P.E. in the afternoon.

You only had a half there (or perhaps more) and how did you get home ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

The Wyvern, Leighton Rd, A mate and myself used to walk down from Gleadless Townend because there was less chance of being recognised there!. 1973/4 age 16. It was a long slog back up Gleadless Road though!.

Guest makapaka
How was it? Not much out there about the Crows Nest- I think I've only ever seen one picture!

I’m fascinated by the crows nest - the idea of a pub high up in a block of flats - was that the case?

You only had a half there (or perhaps more) and how did you get home ?

Messed about a bit in Burbage Brook and on the rocks, then caught the bus back. The plan was to try and buy a half. Don't know why now.

Hello mackapaka,

The Crowsnest wasn’t high up it was on the pavement along with the shops, but if you went on St Johns road you the had to go up 1 floor it all depended on how you approached it. Alan.

The Shoulder of Mutton Worrall in 1956 sixteen years of age,1.3.pence mild 1.6p bitter tje Landlord was Fred and Alice Wilson.