Mother jailed for taking toddler to Syria. POLL

Did the judge hand out the appropriate sentence?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did the judge hand out the appropriate sentence?

• 6 years is too lenient.
    • 6 years is too harsh
    • 6 years is just right

yeah i read this, it made me laugh when she said she took him to Syria as she had an unhappy family life. Oo

How bad must your family be to think going to a full on warzone like Syria is better

:hihi::thumbsup:

How have you assessed her ability to comprehend?

Did she express remorse in court? Did she plead guilty/not guilty?

I assume you've got all the facts handy.

Read a fair bit about the case. Saw footage of her police interviews. Saw quite a lot of her social media content.

IMO she's only sorry she got caught.

I'm quite left wing and liberal in many ways and certainly don't believe in excessively harsh prison terms but in this case I think the judge got it wrong. I think the woman is potentially very dangerous.

Read a fair bit about the case. Saw footage of her police interviews. Saw quite a lot of her social media content.

IMO she's only sorry she got caught.

I'm quite left wing and liberal in many ways and certainly don't believe in excessively harsh prison terms but in this case I think the judge got it wrong. I think the woman is potentially very dangerous.

As others have pointed out she'll be dangerous in jail - she has quite literally a captive audience.

As others have pointed out she'll be dangerous in jail - she has quite literally a captive audience.

I'd rather she was inside

I'd rather she'd been hanged for the treason she committed.

No I can discern meaning through text, not that difficult.

She would be a burden to the people of Syria because the vast majority of people in Syria hate ISIS. They just want to live their lives, eat and see their children educated. The same basic things that you want.

This is especially difficult for them at the moment and you think is ok to make it even harder.

I can understand it if you didn't really think your suggestion through, but if you really think we should send these people back to a country that is already collapsing under the weight of like minded people from around the world then I don't think I have ever encountered a nastier person.

Welcome to the United Kingdom.

Where is the child's father in all of this?

She's dangerous anywhere. Lock her up and throw the key away.