Summer fayre norfolk park

hope I am wrong but heard scc have cancelled yet another event as in the Norfolk park fayre in august,is it true?

Not surprised, not very well attended for the last few years since the re-enactments were stopped.

lowedges took over the re-enactment ,but surely they could of replaced it with the money they saved on the re-enactment costs,its a shame as it must of been going for many years,but so had frightnight

Last year I believe it was more of a washout due to the weather.

But.. how many times do people want to watch the same old re-enactment being played out.

I like re-enactment and its great as long as theres other things at a event,but if its true

that there will be no event,then I think this is cruel as its always had a event,going back

50 plus years to my knowledge,why not just re-vamp it or the friends group take it over

like many other parks have done.

I like re-enactment and its great as long as theres other things at a event,but if its true

that there will be no event,then I think this is cruel as its always had a event,going back

50 plus years to my knowledge,why not just re-vamp it or the friends group take it over

like many other parks have done.

I too like the re-enactment. I think it was really good. Loved it last time. Its a pity its been cancelled.

the re-enactment is now at the lowedges festival on sun aug 14th,but its a shame we have lost summer fayre that's been at Norfolk park since the 1960s,why don't they re-vamp it or is it scc cutting costs again.

Yes, it is a great shame. Had many a fabulous day with the family at Norfolk Park. It's a brilliant park and it's so central, and lots of good transport links, including supertram, for an event like this. The location is so good, just on the edge of the city centre, and there's ample parking close by.

The outdoor bar must have made enough to keep the cost of the whole fair going?

the re-enactment is now at the lowedges festival on sun aug 14th,but its a shame we have lost summer fayre that's been at Norfolk park since the 1960s,why don't they re-vamp it or is it scc cutting costs again.

The Sheffield Fayre only started in 2002 not the 1960's although various other events over the years have been held in Norfolk Park now known as Norfolk Heritage Park.

1972 saw Its A knockout held there also there used to be regular car shows, fun fairs, Army displays,cycle races and even The Hungarian Circus and ballet in the Big top have appeared there.

The Sheffield show began in the 1960's originally held in Endcliffe Park, then Hillsborough Park and the last ones were held at Graves Park when put on by a private company, not Sheffield Council.

Whoe says it has been cancelled as the friends of norfolk park website hasnt been updated since last year.

its a rumour and I asked was it true,but we haven't had anything said otherwise on these pages,so lets hope some one answers the question,i hope its not cancelled

One day only this year, Bank Holiday Monday according to friends of Norfolk park website.