Dempseys gay bar

my wife was at Dempseys on Friday night and saw a giant doorman handling two young girls in a rather violent way.Thought that place was a peaceful joint..Maybe Im wrong.Whats it like?

What were the two young girls doing? What had they been doing before the bouncer was forced for intervene?

I am not saying you are wrong. Nor that the bouncers were not allegedly rough handling. BUT, bouncers have a job to do and there are two sides to every story.

What were the two young girls doing? What had they been doing before the bouncer was forced for intervene?

I am not saying you are wrong. Nor that the bouncers were not allegedly rough handling. BUT, bouncers have a job to do and there are two sides to every story.

They do have a job to do, pussy footing around usually makes the situation worse than positive firm action.

my wife was at Dempseys on Friday night and saw a giant doorman handling two young girls in a rather violent way.Thought that place was a peaceful joint..Maybe Im wrong.Whats it like?

There are no 'Giant' doormen at Dempseys.

Ive always thought that the door men and ladies in there were courteous, professional and fine but I guess no matter how good they are , some bad apples still slip through the net. I had a particularly bad experience in there a few weeks ago with some "friendly customers" that I cannot and dont want to go into too much detail on here about, but its mainly concerning things that happened after I apparently left Dempseys in their company and nothing to do with the club itself - sadly again like the case above, these appear to be more bad apples that slipped through the net , I had never seen them in there before as regulars and I guess all clubs straight and gay get it to some point. Dempseys is no worse, and I would imagine in the case of a lot of clubs, better, due to the sheer number and professionalism of the bouncers in there :-/

Door staff has always been good in Dempseys! the one that scared me was the Manley woman with the shots tray she manage to move me out to the doors :)

I've always found Dempseys a VERY safe place due to the good number of doorstaff as Roger says; like any other busy late venue, sometimes punters (especially well-built lesbians) seem to take their arguements outside in front of the public lol....

Does anyone know what year Dempsey's opened?

Dempsey's was first a wine bar named after a American boxer . Later became a gay bar has a vintage cutaway van as a DJ box .

Does anyone know what year Dempsey's opened?

It became a gay bar in 2000. I'm told that back in the 80s it was a posh wine bar, and the place to go in Sheffield.

It became a gay bar in 2000. I'm told that back in the 80s it was a posh wine bar, and the place to go in Sheffield.

It was an Irish pub before Dempseys, I have never heard of it being a wine bar.