M1 Junctions 39-42 Speed Cameras?

Smart motorways = smart at taking your brass.

Angel1.

Of course they are but if we all stick to the speed limits we wont get caught. But the goverment know people dont stick to the limits so they know they will rake in the cash. I have been caught speeding but years ago.

This where dash cams might help - you might be able to prove the gantry limit wasn't on.

Gantry limit doesn't have to be on for you to get flashed by a speed camera.

Limit on the motorway is still 70mph

Ive seen the HADECS down near J26 flash when the variable speed limit hasn't been set..

I've seen them flash when no gantry restrictions were in place. I know in some parts of the UK they have installed cameras that were live all the time but I've not seen anything to say that this section of road has that in place.

Gantry limit doesn't have to be on for you to get flashed by a speed camera.

Limit on the motorway is still 70mph

Well the OP thought it flashed at 65.

Well the OP thought it flashed at 65.

Wasn't forced to have flashed the OP..could have been another car..

Ive seen the HADECS down near J26 flash when the variable speed limit hasn't been set..

I've been through that section several times when no speed limit has been set and seen people going 90+ without being flashed. The same is true for the M25 sections I have travelled on.

I've been through that section several times when no speed limit has been set and seen people going 90+ without being flashed. The same is true for the M25 sections I have travelled on.

There's no consistency then...

There's no consistency then...

Quite possibly, perhaps that's why many police forces are declining to say whether or not the limit is enforced, because they do so as a when they feel like it (or are short of cash).

I think they're set to 85, there was something in the news a year or so ago about the gantry speed cameras on the M62.