M1 Junctions 39-42 Speed Cameras?

These cameras do not have a bright flash and you would not notice it,they are not like the ones in towns,the ones on the side gantry do not flash,going to London one early morning around 00.2 oclock in a new ford van,when the interio lite up blue looked to my right and it was a police car looked at my speedo and i was doing 85mph.looked back and put up my hand to say sorry,and they drove off,goes to show some can be compleate ******** and some are not,but still do not trust them.

I remember driving to London once and it was flashing pretty much every car that went through, I was doing around 75mph, so thought I could have been hit.

When driving back the next day it was still flashing loads, so think it was just faulty as nothing came through.

These cameras do not have a bright flash and you would not notice it,

Yes they do

I've seen it several times myself.

These cameras do not have a bright flash and you would not notice it,they are not like the ones in towns,the ones on the side gantry do not flash,going to London one early morning around 00.2 oclock in a new ford van,when the interio lite up blue looked to my right and it was a police car looked at my speedo and i was doing 85mph.looked back and put up my hand to say sorry,and they drove off,goes to show some can be compleate ******** and some are not,but still do not trust them.

The HADECS3 most certainly flash..

Quite possibly, perhaps that's why many police forces are declining to say whether or not the limit is enforced, because they do so as a when they feel like it (or are short of cash).

Police forces don't get the cash, so that last suggestion is unlikely.

Police forces are probably declining to comment because the limit is enforced in some areas and not others.

I know its only anecdotal but I know of one motorway where they turn a blind eye to anyone doing around 80mph. (We know its safe if you observe the conditions and be aware of the increased stopping distance - that's why the Government planned to change it)

But then go into Wales and the limit is enforced with an iron fist.

I got stopped doing 92mph and the copper said I was a bit unlucky as Police policy was not to pull anyone doing less than 90mph if they were driving safely which he said I was. It was around midnight so roads were very quiet. This was Gloucestershire police as I was heading north on the M5. Absolutely gutted as it was a genuine lack of concentration on my speed as I went down a hill. :( Oh well.

The cameras you need to look out for are the ones mounted on extended arms sticking out on the gantries, these are linked in to the new matrix signs and the second the speed is reduced the cameras switch to match.

Either side of M1 Junction 40 and 45 so far.......

They have them up at Junction 45??

I didn't think the system went up that far??

I thought they were between 39-40 and 40-41 (have I got that right?)

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 10:57 ----------

I thought all speed cameras were supposed to be painted luminous yellow, it was in the news just before xmas wasn't it??

In on about the sneaky ones attached to the main support posts not the overhead ones.